News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Curiousity Poll: Race.

Started by Ur1el, March 05, 2010, 04:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Even coming from a background of savage ancestor-worshippers of various skin tones, I have to say that I think that most people who concern themselves with it have completely missed the boat in terms of conflating race and ancestry. Race being largely a factor of pigmentation, and ancestry being exactly what it sounds like it is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Also, I don't really mind the question, so much as it was the first post he made.  I'm working off the theory this is either for a school project, in which case he should run with the non answers.  Or that he's a serious researcher, in which case he's a moron.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 05, 2010, 07:45:35 AMI have to say that I think that most people who concern themselves with it have completely missed the boat in terms of conflating race and ancestry. Race being largely a factor of pigmentation, and ancestry being exactly what it sounds like it is.

So much this.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

NotPublished

I don't know some part of my ancestory - my Grandmother refuses to tell anyone about our Grandfather for some strange reason, makes the mystery more fun to dig in! But we know Grandmother is Greek - lightskinned; I don't know what area, not sure about Grandfather but he died very young (He was a miner in the war) ... or so they say  :ninja: I have a cousin doing a family tree and she's doing her Journal Major based the family - I hope she finds something out!

And I don't know my dad all too well either, I just know he's Greek, don't know what island; though he was almost black in skin-tone (If memory serves right), I didn't get it though I am very pale skinned  :lulz:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

MY RACE IS ROBOSEXUAL.

MY MOTHER IS HILARY CLINTON. MY FATHER IS R2D2.

I WAS BROUGHT UP TO FUCK NOSY STRANGERS IN THE CHEST CAVITY WITH MY PNEUMATIC PENIS.

I CALL IT A "PNEUMATIC PENIS" BUT IT'S ACTUALLY DESIGNED FOR MINING COAL.

I HOPE YOU ATE YOUR WHEATIES THIS MORNING AND PERHAPS A LARGE IRON SUPPLEMENT.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

NotPublished

:lulz: :lulz:

I don't know whats worse - Hilary or R2

I don't like your race
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Iason Ouabache

Meh. I assume everyone on the internet is a white middle-aged fat man unless proven otherwise.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Reginald Ret

serious answer time!

Dutchspag
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Triple Zero

What he said. Except moar superior.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

I don't know who's being nonserious here. I'm seriously a transgenic caddisfly person, guys. :(
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Enrico Salazar

Quote from: Ur1el on March 05, 2010, 04:06:40 AM
Just curious, what race/s are yall?

Enrico is UNITED NATIONS.
Did someone say gorgeous?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Pope Pixie Pickle

Imma Pixie.

I have the freaky pointy ears.

My dad is a leprechaun although he is always denying.

Am so pale I am almost blue.

I answer truthfully but cryptically.

As usual.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

when i said glow in the dark i meant i am so pasty white i reflect street lamps like the moon reflects the sun