News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Naga Burger

Started by PeregrineBF, March 09, 2010, 05:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeregrineBF

Spicy hamburger. I'm a bit of a pepperhead...

WARNING: Naga Jolokia peppers can be about as spicy as most law-enforcement grade pepper spray. Do not use the bathroom/touch your eyes before washing your hands thoroughly.
Unless you're me, then getting it in your eyes stings for a few minutes & your eyes tear up a bit. It hurts a reasonable bit less than, say, breaking a bone. I'd still rather have it in my mouth, where it is just delicious..

Mild spice version:
Ground beef (120g (1/4 pound) is normal.)
Mustard ("stone ground" with seeds): about 1.5 oz (3 tablespoons).
5-6 drops Blair's Ultra Death. Other hot sauce may be used, but it should contain Naga Jolokia peppers. Otherwise it's not a Naga Burger, is it?
Crushed black peppercorns.

Mix beef, mustard, and hot sauce together. Once consistently mixed, form into a patty. Press the crushed black pepper into the patty to coat the surface. Grill or pan-broil. Resulting burger should be mild, about like eating jalapeños straight.

Medium spice version:
Add more hot sauce. 10-12 drops.

High spice version:
Finely mince 1 Naga Jolokia pepper. Add to burger with hot sauce.

Am eating the high spice version now. Extrapolated down for non-pepperheads to get the medium/mild versions. It's pretty good.

Jasper

I happily slosh blended habanero sauce all over my food, but that is on a higher level than I am ready for.

Jenne

I don't like the "heat" from peppers overpowering the rest of the dish but rather elevating the other tastes of the meal altogether.  If the pepper is the only thing I taste, it's too much.  But I've found my tolerance for it has increased muchly over the years.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

Sir Squid Diddimus

Jenne

PeregrineBF

Quote from: Jenne on March 09, 2010, 01:42:14 PM
I don't like the "heat" from peppers overpowering the rest of the dish but rather elevating the other tastes of the meal altogether.  If the pepper is the only thing I taste, it's too much.  But I've found my tolerance for it has increased muchly over the years.

This, really. Tolerance goes up. Mine is high enough that I pretty much don't taste Jalapeños' spice any more. I don't know quite how I'd react to being pepper sprayed, but I've gotten naga jolokia juice in my eyes, it's a bit painful. Not enough to make me unable to see, though the eyes do tear up a bunch. The way I see it, when you can clearly taste the underlying flavours of the pepper & food while still having spice it's good.

Winning bets from people who don't know my spice tolerance is fun. "Bet you 10 bucks you can't eat a whole plate full of jalapeños!" "Ok." I ate the plate. Then drank a bottle of tabasco on another bet. Had to wash the tabasco down though, those peppers have a terrible aftertaste.

Jenne

Quote from: PeregrineBF on March 09, 2010, 07:24:56 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 09, 2010, 01:42:14 PM

This, really. Tolerance goes up. Mine is high enough that I pretty much don't taste Jalapeños' spice any more. I don't know quite how I'd react to being pepper sprayed, but I've gotten naga jolokia juice in my eyes, it's a bit painful. Not enough to make me unable to see, though the eyes do tear up a bunch. The way I see it, when you can clearly taste the underlying flavours of the pepper & food while still having spice it's good.

Winning bets from people who don't know my spice tolerance is fun. "Bet you 10 bucks you can't eat a whole plate full of jalapeños!" "Ok." I ate the plate. Then drank a bottle of tabasco on another bet. Had to wash the tabasco down though, those peppers have a terrible aftertaste.

Yeah, tabasco's just glorified vinegar for me now.  Srirracha still can get me if I overdo it though.  I eat pepperocinis for snacks.

PeregrineBF

Pepperocinis are good. Especially slightly warmed with some nice olives.

Reginald Ret

Be a zulu warrior, spit it in they eyes of your opponent.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Bella

I don't think I'm up to the heat of these burgers, but love the idea of pressing black peppercorns into the burger before cooking.  Gonna try it real soon.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Richter

Quote from: Regret on March 09, 2010, 08:53:33 PM
Be a zulu warrior, spit it in they eyes of your opponent.

"ZUU - LUU!"
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bella

We had a version of these for dinner last night. HFLS added hot chili seeds (but not as hot as naga) to the mix and it was wonderful.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

trippinprincezz13

definitely intriguing. We've been on a real hot sauce kick lately, picking up whatever interesting ones we can find when we come across it. We have this http://www.hotsauceworld.com/maddog357ghp.html at home and have been splashing it on all kinds of stuff. From what I can gather, it's supposed to be between 400,000 - 600,000 scoville units. How does that Blair's sauce you posted compare? Seems to be pretty damn hot. One of the older guys at my boyfriend's work grows his own hot peppers and often brings various ones in for him to try. Nothing quite as hot as the naga jolokia, but some good ones.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.