Thomas Jefferson kicked out of Texas schools

Started by Iason Ouabache, March 11, 2010, 06:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 16, 2010, 07:24:19 PM
You have a point.  I guess it's just that around here the conservatives worship The Founding Fathers. And worship is exactly the right word.  I need  to find a picture of that statue with George Washington, Ben Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson kneeling in prayer over a copy of the Constitution...

Funny thing is, old Ben and Jefferson would be horrified by these assholes.

QuoteDEAR KING GEORGE III,

WAS ONLY HAVING JOKE.  IS COME BACK NOW?

YOUR PAL,
THOM
Molon Lube

BADGE OF HONOR

Yeah I know.  The first time I saw it I nearly choked.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Jefferson wouldn't be horrified by them... he'd be horrified that the rest of us let it happen.  :horrormirth:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cain

Looks more like they're dicing, to be honest.

Or playing Pogz

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 16, 2010, 07:17:03 PM
I was listening to a discussion about this on NPR while hauling around large amounts of cash to various banks and I heard some guy saying something like "Well there's a liberal slant in the history books blah blah blah..." and I got mad enough to shout at myself in the car for a couple seconds.  Including Thomas Jefferson is liberal?!  Then I realized that, to him, everything must have a liberal slant, much like when you stand on the north pole every direction is south.  What a strange and terrifying world he must live in.  I'd feel more sympathetic except he's fucking up the educational system even more than it already is.  
Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 16, 2010, 08:20:49 PM

:vom:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Jasper

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Iason Ouabache

Just realized the irony of using those three in that statue.  George Washington never went to church. He'd shove Martha out of the carriage and then ride around for a couple of hours. Jefferson wasn't a fan of modern Christianity as that letter and the Jefferson Bible shows. And Franklin... well, he farts in God's general direction!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on March 16, 2010, 09:31:35 PM
Just realized the irony of using those three in that statue.  George Washington never went to church. He'd shove Martha out of the carriage and then ride around for a couple of hours.

That's what he TOLD everyone.

But we know the truth about those missing hours, don't we?
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Just realized the irony of using those three in that statue.  George Washington never went to church. He'd shove Martha out of the carriage and then ride around for a couple of hours. Jefferson wasn't a fan of modern Christianity as that letter and the Jefferson Bible shows. And Franklin... well, he farts in God's general direction!

The statue looks old and more factual, though.

In fact, it would look great in a textbook!

LOL, U LOSE COMMIE-LIBERAL-NAZI SCUM!
 \
:chickenhawk:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Kai

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 16, 2010, 09:37:26 PM
Just realized the irony of using those three in that statue.  George Washington never went to church. He'd shove Martha out of the carriage and then ride around for a couple of hours.

That's what he TOLD everyone.

But we know the truth about those missing hours, don't we?

He was an axe murderer of cherry trees.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish