News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

These bars...

Started by Salty, April 03, 2010, 02:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Its the strong bars that are the worst.   

My own prison is missing a few of them, those real sonofabitch iron bars that just up and leave, and you're left wonder what you'll fill them with. That's what these bars do. 

What makes me still laugh about all this, all this misery and horror and stupidity that we put ourselves through, is just how hard we cling to it. 

These bars, these solid bars, the ones that support the bulk of your presumptions and delusions, they are the ones you miss the most. Especially right away. 

These bars give shape and structure, they defend frequent assault with ease. 

And when they go, well you've sees how people can become agitated about this sort of thing. 

We wrap our arms around these bars and tell them to never let us go. And if you think for one second that this isn't you, no couldn't POSSIBLY be you also, then I envy you. 

Oh, you've got them, YOU are cluthing them tight. You just don't know it. Yet. Maybe never. 

I envy you because that how these iron bars work, you don't want them to go away. You want them to stay. Please stay. 

Please? 

Then again. 

It's better that they're gone. One less thing. 
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

BadBeast

Quote from: alty on April 03, 2010, 02:49:56 AM
Its the strong bars that are the worst.   

No, I don't agree. The strong bars are the best. The strong bars can, and should be left in place, to maintain a nice comfortable illusion of security, while the weak bars can be easily removed, and allow you to pass between them whenever you like. A bar is only functional as a barrier, if the next bar is close enough to it to prevent your passing through. Once you attend to the spaces in between, the strong bar becomes a support, something you can lean on, that will take your weight if you need it to, hold the ceiling up so you can shelter from rain, (Or,indeed from any other stuff that might happen to fall out of the sky). To get the most out of a good book, you need to do a certain amount of reading between the lines. In the same way, to get the most out of strong bars, you need to be able to pass between them, yet still be able to rely on their structural integrity, to keep the ceiling up/plot flowing.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4