News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:15:40 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:14:05 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:09:29 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:04:23 AM
And Faust, you are not getting what I am saying, which is that the second someone decides to take action as a moderator, they should follow through with that action as a moderator, including not letting spite dictate what they rename the split thread.
Yeah, if it wasn't his thread that would hold up, he would have to be objective and shit. Of course you are arguing in the defence of a title for bunch of posts where you attacked him, so its kind of hard to say that the name did not reflect the subject matter.

I'm just saying that IMO mods should have to be objective even, or especially, when they're modding their own threads. That, or have someone else do it for them.

I've split my own threads before, IIRC.  Of course, I'll split anyone's thread, on request, as long as there's at least 2 posts in it.
Dr Splitz McKenzie
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

And Faust, you are not getting what I am saying, which is that the second someone decides to take action as a moderator, they should follow through with that action as a moderator, including not letting spite dictate what they rename the split thread.
Yeah, if it wasn't his thread that would hold up, he would have to be objective and shit. Of course you are arguing in the defence of a title for bunch of posts where you attacked him, so its kind of hard to say that the name did not reflect the subject matter.

I'm just saying that IMO mods should have to be objective even, or especially, when they're modding their own threads. That, or have someone else do it for them.
Like the time I did for TTM like two weeks and then accused me of mod abuse.  I'm literally hooting at your inconsistency now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:15:40 AM

I've split my own threads before, IIRC.  Of course, I'll split anyone's thread, on request, as long as there's at least 2 posts in it.

Seems to me you stuck to the board convention of naming them "Fill-in-the-blank unlimited fail", which is infuriating when it happens to be me but certainly not unmodlike, which is all I'm talking about. So I don't have a problem with that. Annnnd we all know why/how that particular debacle escalated the way it did.
 :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:21:23 AM

Like the time I did for TTM like two weeks and then accused me of mod abuse.  I'm literally hooting at your inconsistency now.

Yeah, and that time, you also named the fucking thread something that was obviously personally punitive, so it's not exactly a surprise that you don't think anything of it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:22:45 AM

Like the time I did for TTM like two weeks and then accused me of mod abuse.  I'm literally hooting at your inconsistency now.

Yeah, and that time, you also named the fucking thread something that was obviously personally punitive, so it's not exactly a surprise that you don't think anything of it.
Oh thats what your complaint is about, you  cant handle a spiteful comment when you dish them out so freely. The mods have to name threads Nice things™. Not nice thread names are FORBIDDEN.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:06:26 AM
Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 02:58:13 AM
That said, Nigel continued to PM me when I told her
1) That it was water under the bridge as far as I was concerned
2) To fuck off
3) To let it go
...and she continually PMed me with the obvious intent of continuing to cause trouble

You are a lying sack of shit. Each and every PM I sent to you was telling you to stop fucking PMing me, and you were deliberately baiting me by PMing me back.

:boring:

Then how about we agree to publicly post all the PMs?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 03:27:33 AM
2) To fuck off
3) To let it go
...and she continually PMed me with the obvious intent of continuing to cause trouble

You are a lying sack of shit. Each and every PM I sent to you was telling you to stop fucking PMing me, and you were deliberately baiting me by PMing me back.

I think Faust already asked that you guys NOT do that.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:26:10 AM

Oh thats what your complaint is about, you  cant handle a spiteful comment when you dish them out so freely. The mods have to name threads Nice things™. Not nice thread names are FORBIDDEN.

I was under the impression that we had a standard for that sort of thing.

UNLIMITED _________ FAIL THREAD, etc.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh yes, here:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=24595.15

Originally re-titled by you "New Forum Rule: Don't post about any Hobbies that Nigel doesn't share"

Which, since I could, I renamed "Topic: ITT Faust abuses his admin powers"

Because you were being a dick. As I said:
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on March 24, 2010, 07:35:43 PM
It's pretty obvious from the original title that you modded me out of spite, because you don't like me personally, and I think that's pretty weak.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:10:00 AM
Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 03:04:23 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:02:31 AM

I don't think you can for any sustained period of time and I'm confident that if you do have a properly argument with my you will lose, badly.

What?  Either I'm more spaced on these pills than I thought, or that sentence made no sense.

All that said, if you want to attempt to have an argument with me, we should restrict it to this thread. People are already sick of this shit. People are sick of your shit.

I'm not sick of her shit.  

1) I don't think she can contain her hysterical bitch-fits to a single thread.
2) You appear to be in the minority.

1.  She isn't actually required to.  I'd appreciate it, personally, if it just stays in Apple Talk.

2.  I'm comfortable with that.  The only time Nigel hasn't had my back is when I was ill, before anyone knew I was ill.  Can't blame her then, based on my behavior...*I* wouldn't have had my back.  In fact, I didn't.  I don't count that, obviously.  So I guess I'll have her back even if I'm the only one doing it, or if everyone's doing it.  I mean, after all, doing what you think is right isn't gauged by popularity, right?

1) No, nobody is but everyone here has said they would also appreciate it. She's free to act like a crazy bitch if she wants to.
1a) I was also stating that if she engaged in a proper debate/argument with me, she would lose badly. I seem to have a bad habit of not revising anything before I actually post it.

2) Based on her behavior, I'm mildly surprised even you claim to have her back but things like Brittney Spears and Limp Bizkut shows that popularity can count for fuck-all.

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:28:50 AM

Oh thats what your complaint is about, you  cant handle a spiteful comment when you dish them out so freely. The mods have to name threads Nice things™. Not nice thread names are FORBIDDEN.

I was under the impression that we had a standard for that sort of thing.

UNLIMITED _________ FAIL THREAD, etc.

I've only ever split/renamed one thread. And I named it as a summary of what nigel was saying in the first post of the new thread.
But I can certainly do that from now on for simplicities sake.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can handle a spiteful comment when it's mano y mano, but I still think it's pretty fucking lame and below the standards here when mods rename split threads something that takes an obvious side by insulting whichever person they don't like.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 03:27:33 AM
2) To fuck off
3) To let it go

Go to town, son.

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:30:18 AM
Oh yes, here:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=24595.15

Originally re-titled by you "New Forum Rule: Don't post about any Hobbies that Nigel doesn't share"

Which, since I could, I renamed "Topic: ITT Faust abuses his admin powers"

Because you were being a dick. As I said:
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on March 24, 2010, 07:35:43 PM
It's pretty obvious from the original title that you modded me out of spite, because you don't like me personally, and I think that's pretty weak.
No it was reflecting what you said in that thread. And I don't care if you think its punitive or not, my mistake was splitting it, the thread title is up to the digression of the person who splits it, I am not completely objective nor will I ever be. I apologised for splitting it, Now you say a mod shouldn't mod their own thread, so I am going to assume you are talking horseshit at this stage.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 03:30:54 AM

1) No, nobody is but everyone here has said they would also appreciate it. She's free to act like a crazy bitch if she wants to.
1a) I was also stating that if she engaged in a proper debate/argument with me, she would lose badly.

I don't see that you've brought up any better points than she has.  Why don't you give it a try?

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 03:30:54 AM

2) Based on her behavior, I'm mildly surprised even you claim to have her back but things like Brittney Spears and Limp Bizkut shows that popularity can count for fuck-all.

I don't claim to have her back, I do have her back.  I think you're both being spazzes (but again, it's not like I've never done that), it's just that there's a couple of things that happened a couple of years ago, and one person involved in this mess who hasn't tossed me under the bus at one point or another in the past.
Molon Lube