News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:31:41 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:28:50 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:26:10 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:22:45 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:21:23 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:14:05 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:09:29 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:04:23 AM
And Faust, you are not getting what I am saying, which is that the second someone decides to take action as a moderator, they should follow through with that action as a moderator, including not letting spite dictate what they rename the split thread.
Yeah, if it wasn't his thread that would hold up, he would have to be objective and shit. Of course you are arguing in the defence of a title for bunch of posts where you attacked him, so its kind of hard to say that the name did not reflect the subject matter.

I'm just saying that IMO mods should have to be objective even, or especially, when they're modding their own threads. That, or have someone else do it for them.
Like the time I did for TTM like two weeks and then accused me of mod abuse.  I'm literally hooting at your inconsistency now.

Yeah, and that time, you also named the fucking thread something that was obviously personally punitive, so it's not exactly a surprise that you don't think anything of it.
Oh thats what your complaint is about, you  cant handle a spiteful comment when you dish them out so freely. The mods have to name threads Nice things™. Not nice thread names are FORBIDDEN.

I was under the impression that we had a standard for that sort of thing.

UNLIMITED _________ FAIL THREAD, etc.

I've only ever split/renamed one thread. And I named it as a summary of what nigel was saying in the first post of the new thread.
But I can certainly do that from now on for simplicities sake.

Probably for the best.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:33:38 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:26:10 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:22:45 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:21:23 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:14:05 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:09:29 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:04:23 AM
And Faust, you are not getting what I am saying, which is that the second someone decides to take action as a moderator, they should follow through with that action as a moderator, including not letting spite dictate what they rename the split thread.
Yeah, if it wasn't his thread that would hold up, he would have to be objective and shit. Of course you are arguing in the defence of a title for bunch of posts where you attacked him, so its kind of hard to say that the name did not reflect the subject matter.

I'm just saying that IMO mods should have to be objective even, or especially, when they're modding their own threads. That, or have someone else do it for them.
Like the time I did for TTM like two weeks and then accused me of mod abuse.  I'm literally hooting at your inconsistency now.

Yeah, and that time, you also named the fucking thread something that was obviously personally punitive, so it's not exactly a surprise that you don't think anything of it.
Oh thats what your complaint is about, you  cant handle a spiteful comment when you dish them out so freely. The mods have to name threads Nice things™. Not nice thread names are FORBIDDEN.

I can handle a spiteful comment when it's mano y mano, but I still think it's pretty fucking lame and below the standards here when mods rename split threads something that takes an obvious side by insulting whichever person they don't like.
nah.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

the having-my-back thing, after all the shit we've gone through, is a factor I cannot express deeply enough my appreciation for.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:39:05 AM
the having-my-back thing, after all the shit we've gone through, is a factor I cannot express deeply enough my appreciation for.

:)

Can't blame you for January/February.  If it were me, I'd have done the same thing.  I was a little bugshit.  And, by a little, I mean "I accused Maria and my daughter of plotting to kill me".
Molon Lube

Shibboleet The Annihilator

We all go through crazy times, Nigel appears to be going through one right now.

Anyone have a number of the number of meltdowns Nigel has had in the last year?

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:41:12 AM

Can't blame you for January/February.  If it were me, I'd have done the same thing.  I was a little bugshit.  And, by a little, I mean "I accused Maria and my daughter of plotting to kill me".
I still haven't talked to you about what we were discussing back then, I haven't been sure how to approach the subject.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:35:55 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:30:18 AM
Oh yes, here:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=24595.15

Originally re-titled by you "New Forum Rule: Don't post about any Hobbies that Nigel doesn't share"

Which, since I could, I renamed "Topic: ITT Faust abuses his admin powers"

Because you were being a dick. As I said:
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on March 24, 2010, 07:35:43 PM
It's pretty obvious from the original title that you modded me out of spite, because you don't like me personally, and I think that's pretty weak.
No it was reflecting what you said in that thread. And I don't care if you think its punitive or not, my mistake was splitting it, the thread title is up to the digression of the person who splits it, I am not completely objective nor will I ever be. I apologised for splitting it, Now you say a mod shouldn't mod their own thread, so I am going to assume you are talking horseshit at this stage.

Listen. My thread title change was in response to your split thread title. It was a deliberate attempt to piss you off in return for what appeared to be your deliberate effort to piss me off. We both succeeded in pissing each other off. I accepted your apology for splitting it, no hard feelings on that front, all right?

No, I'm NOT saying that a mod shouldn't mod their own threads, I'm saying that a mod should either be as objective as possible or get someone who is to do it for them. I think that's pretty reasonable.

I'm ALSO saying that TTM is a shitty mod and I don't understand why he is one at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

you were probably quite saddened when you figured out they weren't
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Faust

TTM is a good mod because of his track record and the things he does, he is also a funny and intelligent guy, just like nigel can be when she isn't acting like Elizabeth  tailor from Who's afraid of virginia woolf.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I started off angry (not to mention confused!) but got pretty fucking worried pretty damn fast. Wish I'd known better, sooner. But I'm glad Maria PMed me that night and I was able to bounce some thoughts off her... otherwise who knows if she would have forced you to go to the hospital in the morning? Shit, man. I am not trying to take credit for that, but by that point I was seriously convinced that there was something going badly wrong and I was wracking my brain for what could have caused it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 03:42:21 AM
We all go through crazy times, Nigel appears to be going through one right now.

Anyone have a number of the number of meltdowns Nigel has had in the last year?

I'm not having a meltdown, silly goose. :) It's simply that poking your repulsive existence has the same gratifying effect as shooting a BB gun at a dandelion puff.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:44:50 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:35:55 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:30:18 AM
Oh yes, here:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=24595.15

Originally re-titled by you "New Forum Rule: Don't post about any Hobbies that Nigel doesn't share"

Which, since I could, I renamed "Topic: ITT Faust abuses his admin powers"

Because you were being a dick. As I said:
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on March 24, 2010, 07:35:43 PM
It's pretty obvious from the original title that you modded me out of spite, because you don't like me personally, and I think that's pretty weak.
No it was reflecting what you said in that thread. And I don't care if you think its punitive or not, my mistake was splitting it, the thread title is up to the digression of the person who splits it, I am not completely objective nor will I ever be. I apologised for splitting it, Now you say a mod shouldn't mod their own thread, so I am going to assume you are talking horseshit at this stage.

Listen. My thread title change was in response to your split thread title. It was a deliberate attempt to piss you off in return for what appeared to be your deliberate effort to piss me off. We both succeeded in pissing each other off. I accepted your apology for splitting it, no hard feelings on that front, all right?

No, I'm NOT saying that a mod shouldn't mod their own threads, I'm saying that a mod should either be as objective as possible or get someone who is to do it for them. I think that's pretty reasonable.

I'm ALSO saying that TTM is a shitty mod and I don't understand why he is one at all.

It would appear that nobody really gives a shit about what you're saying and you're the first person to ever have any complaints about my modding. You have completely failed to show any case where I intentionally abused my abilities as a mod.

I guess you're just going to take a pass on the whole "proper argument" thing eh? I don't blame you, you're fucking terrible at it. All you can to is try desperately to cause as much drama as you can when you're in one of these moods.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:43:19 AM

I still haven't talked to you about what we were discussing back then, I haven't been sure how to approach the subject.

Just go ahead and spit it.  Do it in PM though.
Molon Lube

AFK

We haven't had a bad mod at pd since the big change a few years back.  Everyone has done a bang up job including TTM.  If TTM was altering posts *cough*Hugh*cough*, or banning people without warning or cause, you'd have a complaint.  Changing the title of his own thread, something ANYONE can do, is not the sign of a bad mod.  Renaming it something snarky that you didn't like doesn't make him a bad mod.  EVERYONE on pd.com, including ALL of the mods will post snarky stuff from time to time.  It doesn't make sense to ask our mods to wear halos and be PC when the rest of us aren't.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Eater of Clowns

TTM AND NIGEL INADVERTENTLY AGREE IN SEPARATE THREADS!

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:52:42 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 02:46:27 AM
Using secret mod dickishness powers to change thread titles take a stab at Nigel.  

It's your thread.  :roll:

If you split someone else's posts out of it, and renamed THAT thread something like "EoC sucks dog dicks", that would be an abuse. IMO. Also, moreso, it would make you a huge asshole.

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 03:48:22 AM
Faust is a chicken-fucking faggot.

EoC fists cats.

RWHN has a debilitating jenkem addiction.

Freeky has an (until now) undisclosed fetish for Glenn Beck in nipple-pasties.

Dok is, in fact, Pud's retarded brother.

Alty likes to watch EOC fist cats.

Telarus has a profound and disturbing appetite for animated tentacle rape.

...and TTM is boring.  :lulz:

Building bridges through bestiality.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.