News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:20:27 AM
No, that's pretty much it.

Its just as selfish and self-absorbed as anything else being posted on the site right now, it'd just be quicker and more efficient.

I would advise one of two things:
1) Just ignore all the shit you hate and, if you think it's necessary, take a nice long shit on it.

OR

2) Go to a place you think is better. I actually don't spend as much time here as I used to for the reasons you listed. I find Reddit to be a pretty great site with reasonable, clever, funny and generally pretty decent people. If I spent all my time here I'd probably bring back H!MEOBS specifically to destroy PD after having a psychotic break because of the eight-billionth "hay guise, I (insert story with no redeeming entertainment or informational value here)!"

You're burnt out man, if you hate doing something find something else to do when you get sick of what you're burnt out on.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:26:37 AM
Doubt it.  No-one on this site has given a shit about how I've felt or my recommendations for a long time.  Which is why its probably such a fucking mess.

I see.  We haven't listened to recommendations you've made (can't seem to remember any, but that's probably me), and without the benefit of your omniscient guidance, our incompetence has led us onto the rocks.  How very foolish of us.  Well, we mortals can be that way.  Happened in Greek mythology all the time.

Molon Lube

Doubt it.  No-one on this site has given a shit about how I've felt or my recommendations for a long time.  Which is why its probably such a fucking mess.

You could start your own forum too. Remember how kick-ass the Sandbox was?

Faust

I don't know if this means much and it probably sounds to saccharine but Cain you are generally the first person I go to when I have a question.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Yeah, I suppose it was just coincidence this site did as well as it did while I was in charge.  Or nearly every time I publically or privately bought up ideas to change the forum I was mocked or berated for it. 

Lies

I agree, this board is a mess, I'm constantly wondering why I keep coming back here when it feels sometimes things are just getting worse.

It's got some great, interesting and people in it, but sometimes it does become a bit of a Ego-fest and drama over stupid things seems to be of more importance here then sharing interesting information or coming up with things that could, you know, might contribute something towards changing the world in some positive or weird way.

Just my 2c.

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Cain

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 04:29:49 AM

I have no desire to run my own forum

Cain

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 04:30:04 AM
I don't know if this means much and it probably sounds to saccharine but Cain you are generally the first person I go to when I have a question.

Doesn't mean a thing.  So I'm this site's walking wikipedia, how thrilling.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:31:03 AM
Yeah, I suppose it was just coincidence this site did as well as it did while I was in charge.  Or nearly every time I publically or privately bought up ideas to change the forum I was mocked or berated for it. 

Really?  Because I remember things a little differently.  I remember dicking with the forum descriptions a bit, and you throwing a fit.  So I stopped.  And then you guys fucked with them.  Because that's totally different.  But I don't remember you being berated over any suggestions.  Can you give me an example?

And I fail to see how you being in charge contributed to content, etc, that happened more or less spontaneously.  Call me crazy.
Molon Lube

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:33:01 AM

You sure? It kind of sounds like you do.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:33:41 AM

It means that people do value your opinion and actually seek it out. I cant keep going with this, I've got 12 hours work ahead of me in 6 hours Goodnight folks, I hope this sorts itself out.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 04:34:15 AM

Really?  Because I remember things a little differently.  I remember dicking with the forum descriptions a bit, and you throwing a fit.  So I stopped.  And then you guys fucked with them.  Because that's totally different.  But I don't remember you being berated over any suggestions.  Can you give me an example?

And I fail to see how you being in charge contributed to content, etc, that happened more or less spontaneously.  Call me crazy.

I was talking about things like suggesting we bring back anonymous posting, which you spent three pages mocking me about.  Or when I suggested some additional forums, and....I can't remember who, I think it might have been Faust and Fred, mocked me for that.  Or the time I suggested everyone not be an insufferable pedant and Kai and LMNO immediately decided to do just that in order to wind me up.  I'm sure I could find more examples if I cared to look.

Cain

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 04:34:20 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:33:01 AM

You sure? It kind of sounds like you do.

No, I don't.

Cain

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 04:35:36 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:33:41 AM

It means that people do value your opinion and actually seek it out. I cant keep going with this, I've got 12 hours work ahead of me in 6 hours Goodnight folks, I hope this sorts itself out.

And then ignore it.  Good night.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:38:20 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 04:34:15 AM

I was talking about things like suggesting we bring back anonymous posting, which you spent three pages mocking me about.  Or when I suggested some additional forums, and....I can't remember who, I think it might have been Faust and Fred, mocked me for that.  Or the time I suggested everyone not be an insufferable pedant and Kai and LMNO immediately decided to do just that in order to wind me up.  I'm sure I could find more examples if I cared to look.
I wouldn't mock someone for suggesting a forum.
Argg, I cant get drawn into this, not tonight.