News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:38:55 AM
Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 04:34:20 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:33:01 AM
Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 04:29:49 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:26:37 AM
Doubt it.  No-one on this site has given a shit about how I've felt or my recommendations for a long time.  Which is why its probably such a fucking mess.

You could start your own forum too. Remember how kick-ass the Sandbox was?

I have no desire to run my own forum

You sure? It kind of sounds like you do.

No, I don't.

Do you want to click on this link?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:38:20 AM

I was talking about things like suggesting we bring back anonymous posting, which you spent three pages mocking me about. 

I did? I remember saying it was a really bad idea, but I don't remember 3 pages of mocking.

And now you're wanting to trash the whole board, including shit like LMNO's "30 days", etc, because you feel you aren't getting your due, that perhaps not enough people are kissing your arse?  That your claim to nobility on PD is perhaps being taken less seriously than you'd like?

If you don't like PD, then leave.  But you don't have the right to trash everyone elses' shit because your ego isn't being stroked hard enough.

I really hope you're drunk or some shit, Cain, because I expect a lot better out of you than this petulant crap.  Snap the fuck out of it.

Molon Lube

NotPublished

Hmm...

I've been trying to think up a response here and I'm just utterly....boggled.

I don't understand the TTM/Nigel thing so I won't begin there.

But I don't get it - if people are mutually agreeing that things aren't going as smoothly as they could; what exactly has been done?
Of course it is ok to disagree with people - its only natural, but when it becomes personal then it just ruins it for the others.

I remember reading something from a member here (Was it Telarus?) when discussing Karma (Not focusing on the future but rather in the immediate)

When you throw a rock out in anger,
The others will have to deal with the anger.

From there, the anger can just pass on ... etc etc I won't go on in that direction.

But, Of course things are going to be messed if there are personal attacks going on here and there - and they only seem to be intensifying ... If it was focused towards constructive things ...

Its kinda like a hurricane, it just picks anything in its path at random.

Anyhow, I think I lost my point...
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Quote from: NotPubli on April 22, 2010, 04:45:04 AM
I don't understand the TTM/Nigel thing.

Nigel has been fucking with random posters (when she feels like it I guess?) and she decided to try fucking with me a couple of times. The first time I just made fun of her and she gave up, she tried again so I decided to have some fun with it and this is the resulting fallout.

Now here's a song about a leather belt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wUESmuWtoQ

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

This does seem to be a recurring pattern at PD. Oddly enough, it also seems to happy around the same times of the year. We actually had a well thought out hypothesis as to why it happened, but it was inevitably lost in a deluge of stupid posts about stupid things and links to thinks like songs about leather belts and duke nukem soundboards being used to make MMO players shit bricks.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 04:55:15 AM
This does seem to be a recurring pattern at PD. Oddly enough, it also seems to happy around the same times of the year. We actually had a well thought out hypothesis as to why it happened, but it was inevitably lost in a deluge of stupid posts about stupid things and links to thinks like songs about leather belts and duke nukem soundboards being used to make MMO players shit bricks.

I remember something about that.

I think it's just that stupidity is cyclical.
Molon Lube

Sir Squid Diddimus

Doktor Howl

WHO IS DRIVING CAR?

OWL IS DRIVING CAR!  HOW CAN THIS BE?
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 04:43:39 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 04:38:20 AM

I was talking about things like suggesting we bring back anonymous posting, which you spent three pages mocking me about. 

I did? I remember saying it was a really bad idea, but I don't remember 3 pages of mocking.

And now you're wanting to trash the whole board, including shit like LMNO's "30 days", etc, because you feel you aren't getting your due, that perhaps not enough people are kissing your arse?  That your claim to nobility on PD is perhaps being taken less seriously than you'd like?

If you don't like PD, then leave.  But you don't have the right to trash everyone elses' shit because your ego isn't being stroked hard enough.

I really hope you're drunk or some shit, Cain, because I expect a lot better out of you than this petulant crap.  Snap the fuck out of it.

I've never been taken seriously on this site.  I'm used to that, no change there. 

However apparently the only way I can get people's attention to try and stop them from endlessly bickering (which is destroying this site just as surely as me deleting the whole damn thing) is to threaten to do just that.  Because....well, I mentioned it above.

Everyone is engaged in their pathetic little ego stroking games on this site.  Apparently, the only thing that will make them pay attention is a game which threatens to stop the fun for everyone, forever.

Do you know how many people have told me over the last few days, in passing conversation, about how utterly sick of all this infighting they are?  How it makes them feel jaded and not want to contribute and how they even consider leaving the board due to it?  I could have brought that all up, calmly, in a conversation like.  But I've done that before, gotten a few token claps and then been totally ignored.  People don't like this place being turned into a prime shitting site, they don't like having to tiptoe around certain members for fear of setting them off and they sure as hell don't like the way internet drama has a higher priority here than everything else.

So now I finally have a few people's attention.  Maybe they're understanding the gravity of this situation.  Or maybe not, you can never tell with these things.  But it basically comes down to this: stuff like this is killing PD.  It is driving away good members, making sure good members work is ignored (the point behind my earlier mention of Sepia) and causing aminosity and feelings of vengeance to flourish.  No site will last long with that as a basis, without a basic core of respect for the impact an individual's actions can have on the larger community, which is exactly what is happening here, and has been happening here for the past couple of years. 

If people are not willing to put aside their petty greivances, not indulge in every sarcastic or hurtful comment that comes into their minds, not assume the worst of each other all the time, not crank up every argument into something of cosmic importance....then this place is done.  Over.  Might still be some posting, but it's as good as dead.  Some of the best are already starting to turn away and fall into apathy concerning this place. 

And it pains me I had to threaten this place just so I could be assured I was properly listened to.  I've alreadly told ECH I'm prepared to effectively remove myself from this site, and literally limit myself to activating bots, moving threads and other mod duties.  No posting, no interaction.  I threatened the site, so I deserve such punishment, at the minimum.  If not an outright ban.  But if that's what it takes to get someone, anyone to take me seriously, then so be it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 05:04:18 AM
Everyone is engaged in their pathetic little ego stroking games on this site. 

You're the worst offender.

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2010, 05:04:18 AM
Apparently, the only thing that will make them pay attention is a game which threatens to stop the fun for everyone, forever.

So, it's agree with Cain or goodbye?  Choke on a dick.  You're as bad as Ari Fleischer.

I'm going to bed.  This is too revolting to stay up for.
Molon Lube

NotPublished

QuoteSo now I finally have a few people's attention.  Maybe they're understanding the gravity of this situation.  Or maybe not, you can never tell with these things.

I just don't know, often I have thought maybe if the bickering was ignored, everything would blow over ... But, it seems to be crapping up the flow of other peoples input; everyone just gets drawn into it somehow; even though there are those individuals who do continue to give input, but they don't get much attention that is deserved; cause it doesn't have anything angry or anything that has some personal attack in it.

Even though I am a newbie to this site; this is probably one place where it feels close to home (Hey I grew up in an angry angry household :lol:), I don't go to forums often, but I feel compelled to come here

Anyhow,

QuoteIf people are not willing to put aside their petty greivances, not indulge in every sarcastic or hurtful comment that comes into their minds, not assume the worst of each other all the time, not crank up every argument into something of cosmic importance

Is probably the best piece of advice ever. I'm not here to stir shit, but with your own thread - Pedantry, I still don't even understand your reaction to the posts there.

Dysfunctional Cunt

4 bars!  And now my complete drama whoring contribution.  I've spent the last 2 weeks getting about 20 different tests including, but not limited too, MRI, Lumbar puncture, 37 vials of blood, cat scan etc....

I was diagnosed with MS today on top of the RA.  So just how important is this ppetty bullshit in the scheme of real life?

I'm not a real content poster so my absence hasn't been noticed. I came on tonight for the distraction of my friends. May as well have watched American Idol....

Someone pop me an email when this latest version of bullshit hits a dead end.  Love you guys but I have enough fighting IRL. I can't do this anymore!!!

XOXO Drama Queen.....

.......making the thread all about her ITP!!!

NotPublished

Oh my god Khara! I am so sorry to hear about this. I did notice your absence, I thought you were just lurking and not posting. (Well I've only been focusing on a small part of the forum myself though .. so same could be said of me)
Shit ... I wish I could offer something to help you... :(

Lies

Quote from: Khara on April 22, 2010, 05:32:05 AM
4 bars!  And now my complete drama whoring contribution.  I've spent the last 2 weeks getting about 20 different tests including, but not limited too, MRI, Lumbar puncture, 37 vials of blood, cat scan etc....

I was diagnosed with MS today on top of the RA.  So just how important is this ppetty bullshit in the scheme of real life?

I'm not a real content poster so my absence hasn't been noticed. I came on tonight for the distraction of my friends. May as well have watched American Idol....

Someone pop me an email when this latest version of bullshit hits a dead end.  Love you guys but I have enough fighting IRL. I can't do this anymore!!!

XOXO Drama Queen.....

.......making the thread all about her ITP!!!
That's messed up, I'm so sorry to hear :(
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!