News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

E.R.I.S Entirely Random Intelligence System

Started by BluPhenix316, April 24, 2010, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluPhenix316

Well, it was just a idea anyway. Anyway, the conversations would be normal just like you said topic switching or maybe switching some like words out to see what kinda responses would be established. I didn't mean completely random and making no sense, I mean more of a really moody kinda personality, with some sharp wits and maybe a little random conversation. I haven't seen any chatter programs that acutally use mood in their personalities. Most chatter programs I see just look like a program that responses to your input from a list of responses rather than coming up with its own response. I know programming this would be very difficult but I like hard to reach goals. Anyway the languages i'm familiar with are C/C++, Python, Tcl/TK, and of course BASIC. We acutally started this idea because my roommate was programming silly programs into his calculator in BASIC. We were discussing the computer A.I and and the principia and some-how this idea came up. I've since lost some of the interest because of the complexity that his might incure but none-the-less I was getting other people's opinions. I certainly didn't mean to insult anyone.

bugmenоt

Seems like a hard job but very interesting. Have fun!

Rococo Modem Basilisk

If you like, I have a couple separate codebases for markov chain bots in python. For some reason, people hack away at really messy markov and semi-markov bots in python and then hand me the rights and turn me into maintainer after I show interest (it's happened at least three times now). I can't really blame them for wanting to push it off on someone, after seeing the code. Anyway, any kind of cleanup help would be very nice.

One of them can very easily be trained by text files (I wrote a little trainer script) but requires a mysql database in (I am told) an absurdly insecure configuration. I would suggest that one if you want to train a bot on things like the PD or the BIP. The other is more complex and messier, and to feed it text you have to route it through irc, but it's a lot faster (it also requires several obscure entirely undocumented libraries whose names I forget).

If you want to write a bot from scratch, markov chains are probably the way to go. It is, amusingly, far easier to make a bot seem pineal by writing a general purpose first or second order hmm generator and walker and feeding it pinealist material than it is to write a rule-based bot, despite the fact that pinealism seems structurally simple.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.