News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Aspirational TV

Started by BabylonHoruv, April 28, 2010, 09:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OJ17raqWw&feature=player_embedded

This felt like it was saying all the things I've been hearing people on here say about TV.  The spiders, keeping people safe and warm feeling while they are rotting in a gray, hopeless world.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

bds

Aaaaand that's why I bought Charlie Brookers new book.

Elder Iptuous

huh.
i was waiting for a punchline, but then it just ended.
was it just sour grapes, or was there subtle irony that i just didn't feel when he mentions sitting and sneering at the end?
surely he doesn't think that we would be better off if people were fed bleak despair in their media?
surely he wasn't saying that it's ever been any different, other than the sheer quantity of media?
surely he doesn't think that people have no choice but to saturate themselves with poor media?

mebbee i'm just not getting the joke.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Iptuous on April 29, 2010, 12:10:15 AM
huh.
was it just sour grapes, or was there subtle irony that i just didn't feel when he mentions sitting and sneering at the end?
surely he doesn't think that we would be better off if people were fed bleak despair in their media?
surely he wasn't saying that it's ever been any different, other than the sheer quantity of media?
surely he doesn't think that people have no choice but to saturate themselves with poor media?

THE PUNCHLINE IS YUO!!!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Iptuous on April 29, 2010, 12:10:15 AM
huh.

The sitting sneering definitely felt like a punchline to me.  A kind of a "All of this is fucked up and I don't really have an answer, look at this obviously false dichotomy" sort of thing.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl