Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Life of Nobody

Started by Adios, May 13, 2010, 12:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on May 16, 2011, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on May 16, 2011, 03:41:23 PM
I received a letter from the US Copyright office yesterday.

The Life of Nobody

Registration Number TXu 1-727-377

Effective date of registration;
November 13, 2010

Now if that oily first publisher tries to do something with it I will own their asses.

AWESOME!!!!!!

Is it silly that I want to frame the damn thing?  :lulz:

To put it in the Library of Congress all I need is a ISBN and a hard copy.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 17, 2011, 12:12:12 AM

The Life of Nobody

November 13, 2010

Now if that oily first publisher tries to do something with it I will own their asses.

AWESOME!!!!!!

No. I probably would do the same.

You going to get it put into the Library of Congress?

Adios

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on May 17, 2011, 12:15:38 AM

The Life of Nobody

November 13, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!

No. I probably would do the same.

You going to get it put into the Library of Congress?

As soon as I can afford the ISBN and a hard copy, yes. My fucking ego demands it.

Phox

*GrumpButt*

The Life of Nobody

November 13, 2010

Grats!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Anna Mae Bollocks

:cheers:

FUCKIN A, CHARLEY!  :D :D :D
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Freeky

Luna

The Life of Nobody

November 13, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!

Not silly at all.  This is awesome.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Luna on May 17, 2011, 02:46:58 AM

The Life of Nobody

November 13, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!

Not silly at all.  This is awesome.

For real. Frame that bitch.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Adios

I have indeed met my match, if not my superior at telling homespun tales. I personally recommend reading this.

http://www.erisbarandgrill.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=11248

ETA;Oops, forgot, that forum isn't visible unless you are logged in, by the request of the members.

Eartha-ly Delights

That's a lovely thing to say about your pet stalker Charley Brown.....but I got a long way to go to equal you.
Say what you will about the Nazis, but no woman ever fantasised about being tied up and ravished by a Liberal Democrat, now did she?
PJ O'Rourke

Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove.
Terry Pratchett

The Rev

Well, we are preparing to go on A Great Adventure, our last. Terri (Danu) and I are planning on my disability being approved. When it is we are going to buy a good used RV and we are going to travel.

Yes, we are going to travel all over, but never will we be in a hurry. No sir, we intend to take our time and really see things. Spend a few days or a few weeks in one place, get to know it a little. Meet the locals. Our days of the Rat race will be over, we will be retired. Seniors on the road.

We may be campground hosts for an entire season in just one place. Do you know they give you free camping and some campgrounds even pay minimum wage to do that? Amazing, isn't it? You have to man the entrance booth for a certain number of hours and you have to talk to people. Imagine, getting free stuff to do what I do best. There must be a God after all.

We may park on BLM land for a while, hey, no charge. We will certainly try to make a point of giving all of our online friends some real face time as we pass close to them as well. Can we park in your driveway for a couple of days?

As we are going through our stuff for liquidation, yes, liquidation, not much room for unused stuff in a motorhome, after all, we are realizing that we have a lot of unused stuff. Too damn much. Some of it has a lot of sentimental meaning at the family level. This stuff will be going to grandkids. Some we will store at the kids houses. Most we will just sell.

We are finding that getting rid of stuff isn't really all that difficult at all. The books were the hard part, books are like old friends. We have 5 boxes of books, minus the ones we sold to Hastings. As I was sorting them out I pretended it was a post apocalyptic time and that books were in low supply and high demand. This is after all an adventure, is it not?

The furniture is stuff to be sold. Motorhomes come furnished. Everything we need in one place. Damn, but this is exciting! Since the cold hurts us both our travels will be designed to avoid such nonsense. Southerly in the winter, northerly in the summer to avoid the heat.

One place I want to show Terri is the place in Georgia where my happiest time as a kid were spent. The family still owns a couple of hundred acres they affectionately refer to as the hunting camp. It was once farmland, but the state offered to plant pines to prevent erosion and the family took it. It is a beautiful place, packed with wonderful memories that a child carries into adulthood, in fact for life.

We have never been to Idaho, one of the most beautiful parks in the country is there in the mountains. A season at Yellowstone perhaps. The road is limitless.

We will not be traveling the interstate, no sir, all back roads for us. Small towns, forgotten places, places that the Interstates killed, or maybe even saved. Route 66 is one we both want to do very badly, what is left of it.

American Gypsies, that will be us. Hawk and Danu's traveling Road Show. Here today, gone tomorrow, but never forgotten. In fact, I intend to write my second book about our travels. All the places we go, especially the people we meet. The things we will do and see. The experience of living again. We both so badly miss living. Really living, not just marking time while we exist, stagnating in one place, one day resembling another to the point of tedium. Not for us!

Did you know that a lot of people in this country are doing this now? Some to escape, others just because they want to, some because they had no choice left. We want to. I even found my redneck ball cap that has a bottle opener on the hat brim to wear. I feel that we must be prepared, after all!

We will also be traveling in comfort, those RV's have heaters, air conditioners, refrigerators, sofas, queen size beds, tubs, toilets, showers, hell the list goes on. A home on wheels. We can live on my disability combined with my retirement from Johns-Manville fairly comfortably, even if somewhat austere.

Did you know that you can rent a private P.O. box that will forward your mail? Yep, enough people live in RV's now that this has become a business. And it's reasonable. We will probably have a pay as you go cell phone, and of course the internet, using one of those thingies that you plug into a computer. Just don't expect us to be online all the time!

Terri and I are both well seasoned campers so the transition should be fairly smooth. There are always wrinkles though. Those wrinkles usually make the best stories though, depending on how we react to them. Somehow I can see us sitting in the mud in a pouring rain trying to fix some damn thing or another and laughing our asses off. You heard it here first, good sense does not always mean having a good time!

Well, enough for now, just keep in mind that this is the first chapter in the rest of our lives and the commentary will be ongoing! Damn, I guess this means the second book is already begun!

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

BadBeast

Glad things are starting to look up for you Mate. Get the biggest fattest 'Bago you can find, then you'll be like those old Wagon trains, scooting about wherever you like, with all the comforts you can cram into a Trailer the size of a Train Carriage. I've got Zappa's "Moving to Montana" on my Brain pod now too. That must be a good omen. Yippee ty oh, ty yay" Cool Beans.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Rev