Jenne

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 14, 2010, 07:21:47 PM
Quote from: Jenne on May 14, 2010, 07:15:17 PM
Um.  I like both.

FENCE-SITTER!
Is THAT why I have splinters in my ass? ;)

No, really, there's a time and place for each.  Usually the place is in my piehole, if you want to know the tr00f.

Jasper

Okay, here's the scoop.  I love tacos.

But not the hard shell white people tacos with ground beef, refried beans, lettuce, TOMATO, and cheddar cheese.

FUCK that noise.

A taco consists of two (2) corn tortillas, fried, with chopped meat, onion, cilantro, lime, valentina, and maybe guacamole if they made it themselves.

Jenne

I like real-live Mexican tacos, the street ones, where they shave that meat off the meat hook that's hanging over the frier.  And you load that shit up with all the fixins in the bowls on the counter.

THAT is eating.  ETA:  exactly what Felix was talking about above, I believe.

Jasper

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love tacos, and I share your distain for burritos. 1. I fucking hate wheat-flour tortillas. WTF is that shit? Get it off my Mexican food! 2. Rice. What is it doing in there? Get it out!

Tacos are perfection. Don Pancho has a fucking great happy hour deal where the tacos are all a dollar. All of them! Brains! Tongue! Fish! Anything you want!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's nothing wrong with tomato on a taco. Pico de gallo; put it in my head-hole!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

I know I won't be in Southern California when I go, but I am very, very much looking forward to trying the Mexican out that way.  I'm going to find myself some dank ass truck and eat tacos until I fucking explode.  We have a few decent Mexican places here, but no taco trucks.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know where you'll be but Portland has a large immigrant population and a lot of excellent taco trucks and holes in the wall. So does Oakland.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 14, 2010, 09:59:09 PM
I don't know where you'll be but Portland has a large immigrant population and a lot of excellent taco trucks and holes in the wall. So does Oakland.

I'll be in Oakland.   :mrgreen:

Since I don't really have any other reference to go by I think I'll try to track down the one Anthony Bourdain went to.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Requia ☣

Um, wait, whole wheat tortillas?

Why the hell do you have whole wheat tortillas in a Mexican place?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 14, 2010, 09:57:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with tomato on a taco. Pico de gallo; put it in my head-hole!

PdG is one thing, but plain chopped tomatoes is inexcusably caucasian.  imo.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 14, 2010, 10:10:51 PM
Um, wait, whole wheat tortillas?

Why the hell do you have whole wheat tortillas in a Mexican place?

Nobody said anything about whole wheat.