Music Thread: Thumbnail sketch of you as a music fan.

Started by AFK, July 29, 2010, 06:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

1)  Either Megadeth's Captial Punishment album, or the Offspring's first album.  I didn't discover music at all until, like, high school.

2) I'm just waiting for someone to make the obligatory Kanye joke.  Um, favorite band?  For overall enjoyment, I'd say Protricity.   Not prolific, but the few things they did will always please my ears.  Like "Brainsick Metal".

3)   The super smash bros. brawl OST.   I have corny taste.

Rumckle

1) Probably either 28 Days or Regurgitator, I'm can't remember which, but I still really like Regurgitator.

2) Probably the Mountain Goats

3) Justin Fry
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

BabylonHoruv

I think the first band i was really conscious of liking was the Talking Heads.  Favorite of all time would be Frank Zappa, and most recent discovery is Mumford and Sons (thank you Nigel)
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Kurt Christ

1. Probably Metallica. They were the first band I had multiple albums by, and probably the first I deliberately selected albums of myself, though I don't remember this for sure.
2. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
3. Shit, I guess maybe the Knife? I don't tend to hear much from artists until either Pandora or a friend suggests them, so most of the time when I hear someone for the first time, they've been recording for a while.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 30, 2010, 07:51:06 AM
I think the first band i was really conscious of liking was the Talking Heads.  Favorite of all time would be Frank Zappa, and most recent discovery is Mumford and Sons (thank you Nigel)

:thanks:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think the first was Cyndi Lauper.
I don't really have a favorite, though Elvis Costello has serious staying power for me.
Most recent is either Antony or Frida Hyvonen, both of which I can thank E.O.T. for.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rod Stewart

bds

1.) S Club 7. (lol, AWESOME) Although I don't really count that, so Arctic Monkeys.

2.) The Beatles, I suppose. Hard to call a favourite.

3.) Eliza Doolittle/Summer Camp.

Apikoros II

1. Twisted Sister
2. Bob Dylan
3. The Heavy

EDIT: I should mention that I have been really into Warren Zevon lately, but I don't know if it counts as new music for me as I have always dug Werewolves of London, but lately started getting into more and more of his stuf
I also believe that everything is false, even that statement and the one above it. Also, when you look into the abyss the abyss looks into you. Heck, the abyss sometimes winks and once it gave me the finger.

Dimocritus

Ok, this is tough, but I'll give it a shot.
1) Operation Ivy. 2) Guttermouth or Minor Threat. 3) Tom Waits/Lady Gaga. 
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

LMNO

-Kel-

1) Michale Jackson
2) Faith No More/Mike Patton
3) Cage The Elephant

-Kel-

Quote from: Cheese Hawk Fronkensteen on July 29, 2010, 10:29:05 PM
I actually like Lady GaGa and Ke$ha. Meh, I'm a electronic junkie.

I've been digging Lady GaGa but for some reason anything to do with Ke$ha makes my skin crawl.

Requia ☣

1) The Beatles
2) Led Zeppelin
3) The World Inferno Friendship Society (I think it might be time I go out and find a new band, I started listening to them like 5 or 6 years ago).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

1 - Chatrooms at friends' houses who had AOL

2 - Mysticwicks

3 - Number 6's sad little blog

Take that, RWHN, you bastard.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A