News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Anne Rice quites Christianity lol

Started by Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ, July 30, 2010, 01:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Aucoq on July 31, 2010, 07:15:50 PM
I wonder how this will affect that Life of Christ trilogy she was in the middle of writing.  I wait with bated breath to find out.  :lol:
Jesus was a vampire. The end.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Aucoq

Quote from: Father Kurt Christ on July 31, 2010, 09:14:46 PM
I wonder how this will affect that Life of Christ trilogy she was in the middle of writing.  I wait with bated breath to find out.  :lol:

:lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Requia ☣

That explain why he didn't stay dead  :lulz:

I doubt it will affect it much, wasn't she drawing most of her material from the Apocrypha and heretical texts to start with?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Aucoq

Quote from: Requia ☣ on July 31, 2010, 10:12:54 PM
That explain why he didn't stay dead  :lulz:

I doubt it will affect it much, wasn't she drawing most of her material from the Apocrypha and heretical texts to start with?

I'm not sure, to be honest.  I do have the first book of that trilogy (naively bought it before I gave up on Rice  :lol:), but I haven't read it.  I wouldn't be surprised if she did use them, especially the infancy gospels, for the first two books when she was writing of Jesus' childhood.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Iason Ouabache

I would like to know what would happen if you crucified a vampire. Or put one through a meat grinder. Or locked one in a full blast furnace for several hours. Or used a machine gun to turn one into swiss cheese. Or tossed one off the Empire State Building.

Someone find me a vampire. I have a shit-ton of experiments I have to try out.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I wonder how this will affect that Life of Christ trilogy she was in the middle of writing.  I wait with bated breath to find out.  :lol:

She will use the manuscripts to dab up the sorrows of leaving Christ and coming to Satan.

:fap:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

BluTakDuck

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 02, 2010, 08:26:44 AM
I would like to know what would happen if you crucified a vampire. Or put one through a meat grinder. Or locked one in a full blast furnace for several hours. Or used a machine gun to turn one into swiss cheese. Or tossed one off the Empire State Building.

Someone find me a vampire. I have a shit-ton of experiments I have to try out.

These guys claim they are...and would probably be willing to try and prove as much.

hxxp://www.vampireforum.net/

you're welcome.  :)
</sarcasm>

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Lies

ANNNND so I was bored enough to actually email the dude who wrote that crap-

To Mr Matthew Brown,

Good day to you sir, and I hope the lord has blessed you and yours this lovely day.
I am the Reverend Felix Nothus, KSC, and I'm a big fan of your work. You show very creative and original thinking, I must say, I am quite impressed.
So impressed, I am giving you an honorary conversion to our Discordian-Christian sect, Our Blessed Lady Of Chaos, of which I am entitled to do under the guidance and authority of our lord ERIS.

You are now entitled to all the rights and blessings that are applicable to to our faith, this is a binding contract with our lord that comes into effect the moment you finish reading this, and as such this is an irreversible contract which you cannot back out of.
I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted as I know you had already chosen a faith that you think you belong to, but actually, not anymore, since by being converted to our faith, you now hereby relinquish all previous faiths you may or may not of had.
Also, we are big fans of Anne Rice as we know you are too, and have given her a similar conversion which breaks all contractual obligations she had to your christian sect that you have claimed she is still a part of, despite her obvious resignation from it.

I hope you will be able to contribute some good works to our faith and may the lord bless you and yours everyday from now until the rapture.

Love, Light + Chaos.

The Good Reverend Felix Nothus.

--------------------

I really, really hope he replies, and if he doesn't, I'll be sure to keep emailing him reminders he is to cease all activity with his old faith and start contributing to his new faith to which I've converted him to.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

LMNO

You really need to alter a Cease and Desist order and send it to him, demanding that he immediately stop worshipping Christ.

Cuddlefish

"DeNounCING CHriSTianity" aNd "denOUncing chrisT" aRe TwO DiFFerent ThiNGS. JesUS, as A HuMAn, aT lEAst Had SoME gOOD iDeas (RoManS caN bE nASty foR a RePuTATion) whIlE CHRISTianITY itSelf iS moRE oF a SECulaR tOOL thaN it iS a ToOl oF FaIth. THat is, iT iS MaDE to GoVERN, noT tO enLIGHTen.

AnY puBliC fiGurE pubLICly deNOUNCing tHe ChUrCh, fOr whATEver reasOn, is, aT lEASt, a SmAll ViCtOrY. ReGardleSS oF hoW proFitAble VAMPireS aRe.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Cain

I love the way you are struggling to remain in character while still making a point.  Reminds me of GIGGLES when he was trolling Hugh, back in the day.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Cain on August 03, 2010, 12:53:21 AM
I love the way you are struggling to remain in character while still making a point.  Reminds me of GIGGLES when he was trolling Hugh, back in the day.

cuddlefish changes shape

THERE IS NO "IN CHARACTER!"

haHA!
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 03, 2010, 12:55:14 AM
Quote from: Cain on August 03, 2010, 12:53:21 AM

cuddlefish changes shape

THERE IS NO "IN CHARACTER!"

haHA!

It is a lot easier to stay in character if you space out your posts.  You do too many of them then you confuse the two personalities and it loses the effect.  Not that I know anything about any of this.  ;)
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.