Bill to Cut Penalties for Crack Cocaine Heads to Obama

Started by AFK, August 02, 2010, 05:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Template

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 02, 2010, 06:50:48 PM
Does this reduce the sentencing disparity as well?  or will they still be trying to put people away for 20 years for a couple ounces?

28 g=1 ounce.
500 g is about a pound.

So, minimum 5 years for an ounce, if that helps answer your question

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 02, 2010, 08:21:14 PM
Of course, one bit of blowback from all of that was I imagine it put in the minds of some cocaine users that as long as they were using powder cocaine, they were okay. 

:D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on August 02, 2010, 08:34:37 PM
Quote from: Khara on August 02, 2010, 08:29:41 PM
Along with this is the coke=crack change that says coke in any form is coke and the punishment should be the same for it in any form.  Going against the crack is much more addictive and should have a higher sentence argument. 

Kids need a break. They should not be branded if they are young. I think RWHN has persuaded me that working with people is far better than punishment.

Ummm ok.  I didn't think I was arguing that, but ok.

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 02, 2010, 08:41:13 PM
Of course, one bit of blowback from all of that was I imagine it put in the minds of some cocaine users that as long as they were using powder cocaine, they were okay. 

Thank You.  That seriously would've ruined my day. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 02, 2010, 08:02:47 PM
Well yeah, but were you aware that the Bill to Cut Penalties for Crack Cocaine Heads to Obama?

This cuts penalties for 5 to 28 grams, the 5 year sentencing range.  I'm talking about 50 to 100 grams, where the recommended penalty is 19 to 22 years.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 02, 2010, 09:26:42 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on August 02, 2010, 08:41:13 PM

Thank You.  That seriously would've ruined my day. 

If nobody would have caught it, or if you accidentally had slipped that phrase into one of your reports?

(I think I am a bit slow at the moment)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on August 02, 2010, 06:04:12 PM
Is crack a big issue with the youth? I admit I know little about it, except that it's cheap.

It is here.  It kind of shocked me actually because I thought Crack was a big city drug (it is in WA) and I live in a small town in Ohio, but there's a lot of crack use here, among people of all ages.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Aucoq

Heroin-based drugs are the drug of choice 'round these parts.  A few years back, there was a HUGE problem with a drug called Cheese (wiki).  Before that it was black tar heroin.  Before that it was probably some other form of heroin.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Cain

It's just a coincidence heroin has become a major drug again at a time when we are occupying Afghanistan.  No, really.

Aucoq

Quote from: Cain on August 03, 2010, 12:06:08 AM
It's just a coincidence heroin has become a major drug at a time when we are occupying Afghanistan.  No, really.

:lulz:

I didn't even think of that, lol.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Aucoq on August 03, 2010, 12:04:41 AM
Heroin-based drugs are the drug of choice 'round these parts.  A few years back, there was a HUGE problem with a drug called Cheese (wiki).  Before that it was black tar heroin.  Before that it was probably some other form of heroin.

Diphenhydramine will fuck you up.  That's a scary combination.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Jenne

We have methadone clinic ads on our bus benches.  That oughtta tell ya something about San Diego.