News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Have Crabapples: What do?

Started by Remington, August 31, 2010, 05:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

It sounds a bit nuts but crabapple pickles are awesome!!

Suu

I didn't even know people ate crabapples. I just use them as projectiles.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nast

I thought crabapples gave you the runs.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Remington

Quote from: Doktor Princess on September 01, 2010, 01:19:16 AM
I didn't even know people ate crabapples. I just use them as projectiles.
The ones I have in my backyard are basically mini Pink Lady Apples. They're bite-sized for your convenience!
Is it plugged in?

Sir Squid Diddimus

I FUCKING WANT THEM!
DELICIOUS AND CUTE!

Nast

I WANT TO HUG THEM WITH MY MOUTH
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Remington

We tried making some cider, but ended up with applesauce instead. It tastes and smells delicious, even if it does kind of look like vomit. Gonna buy a juicer tomorrow.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Juice achieved!

------->     

Each jar is 2 liters (1/2 a gallon for the Americkanis amongst us). There's still some pulp/sedment to filter out, but I'm going to let them settle overnight and try again tomorrow. It's really strong, I'll probably have to mix it 1:1 with water for the final product.

What's more, I still have about 100 cooking/eating-grade apples (1/2 of them in the bowl there). Gonna try for an apple pie or apple crisp  :evil:
Is it plugged in?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Nurse Enabler

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on September 01, 2010, 05:59:37 AM
I FUCKING WANT THEM!
DELICIOUS AND CUTE!
They do sound delicious. Haven't had them in 30 years. My grandma used to make pies with them.
Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nurse Enabler on September 02, 2010, 05:24:47 PM
I FUCKING WANT THEM!
DELICIOUS AND CUTE!
They do sound delicious. Haven't had them in 30 years. My grandma used to make pies with them.

You never told me you had a grandma.

Are there any OTHER secrets you're keeping?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck, those are beautiful!

Mr. Language & I scavenged a bunch of apples from his neighbor's tree last night & are making applesauce. The apples were nowhere NEAR as purty as those, though!

I have three crabapple trees, but they're tiny berries only good for feeding birds.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nurse Enabler

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2010, 05:49:26 PM
Quote from: Nurse Enabler on September 02, 2010, 05:24:47 PM
I FUCKING WANT THEM!
DELICIOUS AND CUTE!

You never told me you had a grandma.

Are there any OTHER secrets you're keeping?
Maybe!!! They are on a need to know basis.
Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.

Remington

Oh. My. God.

They are fermenting! Or something!

Over the weekend the juice became absofuckinglutely delicious, and is now bubbly (like champagne). It's kind of like those apple/grape juice "champagnes" you can buy at the store. :fap:

The bigger apple tree (red delicious, but x3-x4 bigger than the crabapples) gets harvested in a week!
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on September 08, 2010, 04:54:29 AM
Oh. My. God.

They are fermenting! Or something!

Over the weekend the juice became absofuckinglutely delicious, and is now bubbly (like champagne). It's kind of like those apple/grape juice "champagnes" you can buy at the store. :fap:

The bigger apple tree (red delicious, but x3-x4 bigger than the crabapples) gets harvested in a week!

Unpasteurized apple juice ferments really fast... now you have "hard cider". :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."