News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

What can this forum help us accomplish?

Started by Cramulus, September 01, 2010, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

I'd be happy to lend a hand on any projects. I'm a good writer, and I've done some decent work with Photoshop, and more recently Open-office Draw. I'm also a pretty fast learner. Send me a PM if you want my assistance on something.

Also, I've been thinking of trying to expand PulpGASM, with Dok's permission, since he's the one who started it. So if anyone wants to help with that too, send me (or Dok if he's interested) a PM.

I'm all for trying to do more with this forum. There's the potential to achieve great things here.

Also, what is this blog of which you speak? Sounds like it was before my time.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 02, 2010, 02:57:49 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2010, 02:51:47 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on September 02, 2010, 02:49:25 AM
hm what?

ah hold on - dok, I wasn't talking to you. You produce more high quality text during a bowel movement than most of us do in an entire week of posting. Also, you use this place not just for your personal creative goals, you help people with their projects. And what's even better, you CREATE projects which spark other people's creativity.

I'm talking to nigel and ratatosk, who are posting as if I was looking for a yes or no answer to the question "can we do anything of value?" and the answer is no.

Oh, okay.

Anyway, I'll ifile that stuff when you have a place to put it.  I think I can manage some of it Monday, and the rest I need the okay from my partners in crime, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Plus, Ima draft Freeky into some vids/audio.

Woot!

Also, Frank.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on September 02, 2010, 02:59:12 AM

Also, I've been thinking of trying to expand PulpGASM, with Dok's permission, since he's the one who started it. So if anyone wants to help with that too, send me (or Dok if he's interested) a PM.

GO!  DO THAT SHIT!

I've just been too damned busy with 12 hour days to do shit.  That should end next week.
Molon Lube

The Wizard

QuoteGO!  DO THAT SHIT!

I've just been too damned busy with 12 hour days to do shit.  That should end next week.

Cool! I sent you a PM about what kind of thing I'm thinking of doing.

Will try and lay some groundwork tomorrow.
Insanity we trust.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2010, 03:02:14 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 02, 2010, 02:57:49 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2010, 02:51:47 AM
hm what?

ah hold on - dok, I wasn't talking to you. You produce more high quality text during a bowel movement than most of us do in an entire week of posting. Also, you use this place not just for your personal creative goals, you help people with their projects. And what's even better, you CREATE projects which spark other people's creativity.

I'm talking to nigel and ratatosk, who are posting as if I was looking for a yes or no answer to the question "can we do anything of value?" and the answer is no.

Oh, okay.

Anyway, I'll ifile that stuff when you have a place to put it.  I think I can manage some of it Monday, and the rest I need the okay from my partners in crime, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Plus, Ima draft Freeky into some vids/audio.

Woot!

Also, Frank.   :lulz:

YES.

Doktor Howl

You guys are gonna love this.  Frank is a GENIUS.

He's in one of the "network" podcasts.

"We care about people.  Just not you."
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on September 02, 2010, 02:37:54 AM
Remember Dok's "five pillars of Discordia"? while I respect that some of you are here for mainly social reasons, some of us are here to do projects. I started this thread to talk to those guys -- like dimo and nephew twiddleson, who are still excited about collaboration.

Speaking for myself and I suspect a lot of others around here, I want to be doing cool stuff that's worth telling other people about, and I actively use this forum as a resource to that end. I see it that way due to my experiences here - this forum has channeled a lot of awesome energy through my life. There are probably other forums out there where this is possible, but none of them are about Discordia.

Our creative processes can be examined and made more efficient. That is the aim of this thread.

If you think this forum isn't useful for that, or that's not why you're here, that's cool. But kindly GTFO MY THREAD AND STOP VAMPING OTHER PEOPLE'S ENERGY.

seriously, every time I start a thread like this, I spent most of the time trying to justify why I might want to talk about this stuff. Sometimes I do wonder why I even fucking bother trying to use this place as a creative platform, thank you guys for reminding me of that.

Maybe you should have been clear about that at the beginning of the thread, instead of being extremely vague and general, addressing everyone at large, and then pitching a hissy when "the right" people didn't read your mind and respond exactly as you wanted.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anyway, from now on when you start a thread I will assume that I'm the Wrong Kind of Discordian to reply to it, even if you don't make yourself clear at the outset.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chairman Risus

Professor-

Are your aims to accomplish something that could be implemented moreso in meatspace (ie: Postergasm material, Pirate Pass-off)
or are you leaning more toward things that are better spread across the internet (podcasts and such)?

I prefer the former, just because of the audience I'm trying to reach. The school I go to provides me with targets who are about as rigid as they come in terms of politics, social circles and religious backgrounds (southern old money conservatives) and I attribute the kinds of successes I've had on campus due how blindsided my targets are when they encounter something I'm left around campus or have passed off.

Something I've noticed is that people who aren't in on the joke tend to be immune to things like Postergasm. While you might get a "That's so weird", the message won't go much deeper than that. How to get new ideas into people's heads, and have them actually think about it is a problem I would like to tackle.

Adios

Whoa. What?

Looking for ideas is not critisism.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

hm what?

Oh, really? It seems to me like you COMPLETELY missed my point.

But apparently I don't contribute, so it doesn't matter. I'm just an energy vampire who only uses the board for personal projects, and pointing out that the accomplishments achieved by people here are accomplishments of the PEOPLE and not of the FORUM makes me not the kind of person you want to collaborate with.

Sorry I read your words, and not your intention behind the words, and responded to what I read instead of to what you MEANT TO SAY.

Adios

The Wizard

QuoteOh, really? It seems to me like you COMPLETELY missed my point.

I think the problem is that both of you misunderstood each other.
They're open ended questions meant to spur discussion. 

This is why the questions were framed the way they were. The idea (I think) was to try and get ideas cooking.

Nigel, I think I get what you were saying. You were trying to explain that it was the people rather than the forum which produced the idea.

Cram (I think), got angry because it sounded like you were being defeatist about the purpose of this thread, which is why he said what he said.

None of this is really a big deal. It's an argument fueled by misunderstanding and semantics. It would be really cool if this thread wasn't killed over something that wasn't even a big deal.

Dr. James Semaj
Really hoping he didn't make things worse.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

I'd really rather Cram and Nigel didn't fight.

Do not make me resort to terrorism.
Molon Lube

The Wizard

Too many good ideas get wrecked over these online shouting matches. Plus, you guys are friends! I mean, sure, any good friendship includes the occasional knock out drag out fight, but this is just...pointless.
Insanity we trust.