News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

So, it seems Australia has a government

Started by Rumckle, September 07, 2010, 06:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumckle

Looks like the independents have finally decided to go with Gillard. However it is only 76-74, now I guess we just wait and see how long it takes for everything to break down and another election is called, I'm guessing 16 months.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/labor-to-form-government-20100907-14ynm.html?rand=1283837684230

Plus, with the greens having nine seats in the senate, this could get interesting (part of me wishes Steve Fielding gets in, just for the lulz).
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Placid Dingo

I'm excited.

If this is done right, we could see a real boost to non two party politics in this country.

I'm worried the majors may try to really fuck around to convince everyone that moving away from the independents is a Very Bad Thing.

But if its all done well, this could be too risky for them if its obvious what they're up to.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Nephew Twiddleton

It always strikes me as funny how English speakers outside of North America use the word government in this sense. My first reaction to the subject was to laugh and ask when it was in a state of anarchy
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS