Started by Adios, September 21, 2010, 10:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2010, 04:40:51 AM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on September 22, 2010, 04:40:05 AM
QuoteMy Chemical Romance

:vom:

'nuff said.

Well, we can't have poor little Gpoo exposed to Eric Heatherly or anything, so it's gonna have to be Miley Cyrus and shit.

That would violate the Geneva Convention.

The Great Pope of OUTSIDE

Hardly. I hate MCR and Miley Cyrus too. Mostly I like epic instrumental/techno/trance music. Otherwise, there are some lyric songs I like, but never in any focused artist or genre.

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 04:31:34 AM
Fuck this person who is so willing to dismiss my lifestyle. I warned you I was in a fucking mood.

Not dismissing country lifestyle. Remember, I _live_ in the country, and I have absolutely no beef with this sort of lifestyle. Honestly I like it better than urban life. I just don't like country music. And _most_country music I've heard is more humorous than serious, or it's neither and I take it as humorous anyway.

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 22, 2010, 04:31:48 AM
Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 22, 2010, 04:28:40 AM
Nah. The best country songs are the ones you laugh at because the people in them are so dumb. As far as I'm concerned, country singers don't make songs worth crying over.

lemme guess, you're of an age that still ends in -teen, right?

go bone up on your Cash, Haggard, Jennings, and Williams, then come back with an informed opinion. The twangy pop that comes out of Nashville these days bears little resemblance to real country music.

If that isn't country, what is it? And what constitutes the difference between that and _real_ country music?
There are times when I imagine God laughing until it cries, shouting, "I am going to fuck ALL your minds over, and you're going to pay me for it!"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 04:41:46 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2010, 04:40:51 AM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on September 22, 2010, 04:40:05 AM
QuoteMy Chemical Romance

:vom:

'nuff said.

Well, we can't have poor little Gpoo exposed to Eric Heatherly or anything, so it's gonna have to be Miley Cyrus and shit.

That would violate the Geneva Convention.

Only if it were used on an adult.  Children and teens can listen to anything without harm.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard

QuoteWell, we can't have poor little Gpoo exposed to Eric Heatherly or anything, so it's gonna have to be Miley Cyrus and shit.

It just bugs me when someone acts like they're music is the only good music and everyone else is an idiot if they don't agree. I can't have a conversation with a music snob without veering into a murder spasm.
I just don't like country music.

Neither do I, with some exceptions. But I'm not the one telling country fans what they're music is or is not. Know your shit before you speak.
Insanity we trust.

Adios

Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 22, 2010, 04:42:58 AM
Hardly. I hate MCR and Miley Cyrus too. Mostly I like epic instrumental/techno/trance music. Otherwise, there are some lyric songs I like, but never in any focused artist or genre.

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 04:31:34 AM
Fuck this person who is so willing to dismiss my lifestyle. I warned you I was in a fucking mood.

Not dismissing country lifestyle. Remember, I _live_ in the country, and I have absolutely no beef with this sort of lifestyle. Honestly I like it better than urban life. I just don't like country music. And _most_country music I've heard is more humorous than serious, or it's neither and I take it as humorous anyway.

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 22, 2010, 04:31:48 AM
Quote from: The Great Pope of OUTSIDE on September 22, 2010, 04:28:40 AM
Nah. The best country songs are the ones you laugh at because the people in them are so dumb. As far as I'm concerned, country singers don't make songs worth crying over.

lemme guess, you're of an age that still ends in -teen, right?

go bone up on your Cash, Haggard, Jennings, and Williams, then come back with an informed opinion. The twangy pop that comes out of Nashville these days bears little resemblance to real country music.

If that isn't country, what is it? And what constitutes the difference between that and _real_ country music?

It has come to my attention that you are a fucking idiot who thinks they can argue both sides of the devils coin.

Doktor Howl

Honestly I like it better than urban life.

How much "urban life" have you experienced?

Fuck that rural shit.  The crime rate is too high, and you can't get a decent vindaloo to save your ass.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2010, 04:46:13 AM

Fuck that rural shit.  The crime rate is too high, and you can't get a decent vindaloo to save your ass.

I prefer the Rural life. We have plenty of dipshit burial sites.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 04:47:52 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2010, 04:46:13 AM

I prefer the Rural life. We have plenty of dipshit burial sites.

So do we.

We call them "dumpsters".

Of course, you have to account for which city I live in.
Molon Lube

E.O.T.

HILARIOUS!

i love the sandwich and the drinking beer via tornado. that car wash maiden needs a little more home cookin for her badonk-a-donk.

IN OLSO,NORWAY

i guess they've moved all their trailer parks out onto the river. ain't no thang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AIdYoMpINQ

"a good fight justifies any cause"

East Coast Hustle

Mostly I like epic instrumental/techno/trance music.

1) translation:

I LIKE TO GET BLAZED AND LISTEN TO SHPONGLE, MAN. THEIR SHIT IS SO DEEP.
\
:hippie:

2) It's twangy pop. That's why I called it "twangy pop" in my post. Remember, kids, reading comprehension is your friend.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Juana

I like the same music as GPoO, but I also like the kind of country Dok and Charley are talking about. Have you listened to it? If not, you ought to give it a try. There's funny songs (A Boy Named Sue is one of my favorites), but real country has way more to it than that.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Adios

Quote from: E.O.T. on September 22, 2010, 06:06:00 AM
HILARIOUS!

i love the sandwich and the drinking beer via tornado. that car wash maiden needs a little more home cookin for her badonk-a-donk.

IN OLSO,NORWAY

i guess they've moved all their trailer parks out onto the river. ain't no thang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AIdYoMpINQ

I liked it.

The Great Pope of OUTSIDE

Quote from: Hover Cat on September 22, 2010, 08:06:47 PM
I like the same music as GPoO, but I also like the kind of country Dok and Charley are talking about. Have you listened to it? If not, you ought to give it a try. There's funny songs (A Boy Named Sue is one of my favorites), but real country has way more to it than that.

Okay, send me a link to your favorite of these better country songs. Seriously. I'm always ready to admit I'm wrong on something, and if I had been told Zack Hemsey was a rap artist before I listened to his songs, I would have missed out on some truly incredible music.

I don't want to do the same in this case.
There are times when I imagine God laughing until it cries, shouting, "I am going to fuck ALL your minds over, and you're going to pay me for it!"