IT'S LIKE LIFE IS ON CRUISE CONTROL.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

HOLY SHITE!

DID YOU SEE THE WEBSITE?

NO WONDER IT'S ON CNN.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Doktor Howl

TODAY IS ALSO APPARENTLY "ANNOYING SMF UPGRADE REQUEST NOTICE APPEARING EVERY POST" DAY.

Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 22, 2010, 07:42:13 PM
TODAY IS ALSO APPARENTLY "ANNOYING SMF UPGRADE REQUEST NOTICE APPEARING EVERY POST" DAY.

TOMORROW WILL BE TRIPLE ZERO HAVING A LOOK AT THAT DAY.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 22, 2010, 11:37:06 PM

THEN THIS IS "THANK YOU TRIPZIP" WEEKEND.
Molon Lube

Iason Ouabache

OMG I ALMOST MISSED CAPSLOCK DAY THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS TOO MY ATTENTION LIAM YOU ARE SUPER AWERSOME!!!111!!!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Sir Squid Diddimus

FUCK I FUCKING MISSED IT! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

MMIX

Damn, damn, damn, two Hells and a bugger . . . it was also my partners b'day. HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT!
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Salty

MUCH LIKE MOTHERS AND FATHERS DAY I DO NOT REQUIRE A SPECIAL DAY TO CELEBRATE THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE.

ALL CAPS IS IN MY HEART. DON'T LET IT BECOME ANOTHER HALLMARK HOLIDAY.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 22, 2010, 11:42:45 PM

Had a reaaally busy day today (whooo! productivity!) so I didn't get to checking it out much.

Is this error still appearing for anyone?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 24, 2010, 12:02:20 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 22, 2010, 11:42:45 PM

Had a reaaally busy day today (whooo! productivity!) so I didn't get to checking it out much.

Is this error still appearing for anyone?

bump. would like to know if people are still seeing this. I still haven't gotten around to checking it out yet, either. Sorry about that (I'll take a raincheck on "THANK YOU TRIPZIP" WEEKEND).

The error code looks like this:

Got error 28 from storage engine - check database storage space or contact the server administrator.
File: /home/principia/principiadiscordia.com/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1410

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.11, while your database is at version 1.1.7. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Also, in case anyone can shed some light on what conditions would trigger it, because I haven't encountered it myself, and that would help in making sure it's fixed properly. Only thing I can think of is running that upgrade.php script, but I'd need to put the forum in "maintenance mode" first, so I'd rather do that in the (european time) morning when there's the least amount of people online.

In case anyone wonders, Faust already checked if the database might be over its quota, but we have 4 gigabytes, and the raw SQL database dump is only about 200 megabytes--that's all your posts, since ever, just 200 megabytes. I can fit that 10 times on the goodie-filled fingernail-sized micro-SD that will accompany Dok's letter :) [I started writing it, honest, you will get it soon-ish!].

(addendum before an SQL-techie corrects me: I know that the raw SQL is smaller than the real database size because of indexes and stuff, but it can't be more than a factor of 3 or so, can it?)

(explanation for non techies: a database index is just like a regular index you find in the back of a book, to quickly find where terms are mentioned without having to page through the entire book. Think of the raw SQL data as (roughly) the actual book without the index. That's all you need, as soon as you dump it back in a live SQL engine it automatically generates the indexes for you. Except a database index is usually just as big as the book, because it indexes every word, and not just by page number, but also an additional one for reverse lookups, and one using chapter+section numbering, and one for just the section titles, and one for footnotes, and a list of locations for where the text refers to something in another chapter, etc etc--except of course instead of those things it'll be about posts and threads and users and subforums and read/unread status and post-time and topic title and poll options and results etc etc)