Main Menu

More Spider Music from the Spider Project

Started by LMNO, November 18, 2010, 10:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 02, 2011, 06:53:11 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 02, 2011, 05:31:13 PM
...what is it usually considered?  :D  I could listen to it for DAYS.  :D  

"Listenability" and "upbeat" are not the same, in my book.  With an implied tempo of 60bpm, and an emphasis on minor thirds, I figured "dark" would be the right adjective.   Then again, the clean guitar/bass plays major fourths and octaves and evokes Eno's Music for Airports, so you could be right.

Either way, I appreciate that you like it.

...yeah, dunno...a lot of what you posted goes over my head.  I usually like a muted upbeat sort of tone to music when I listen...too slow and I get bored or lose interest in it, too fast and I get antsy and change the dial.  Unless I feel like getting riled up.

I'm one of the few people I know that classical music stimulates rather than puts me to sleep.  If the tempo's quick, then my mind is not resting.  At all.

But I'm glad you're glad--I'm very proud to be a small part of what you're creating here.  Glad you've stuck with it through much sacrifice, too (sleep is a premium in this house).

Phox

Status check. LMNO, did you get my files and are you happy with them? I can re-record if you'd like.

LMNO

Ah, yes.  Apologies, I've been trying to nail down one of EoC's rants. 

I think there's a flubbed line in the last paragraph of yours, "latest celebrity gossip."  If you don't mind re-doing that, cool.

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 08, 2011, 01:09:09 PM

I think there's a flubbed line in the last paragraph of yours, "latest celebrity gossip."  If you don't mind re-doing that, cool.
Yeah, I'll redo that last paragraph then.

Eater of Clowns

I'm not positive I mentioned it in my e-mail, but if I did a shitty job on the recording I won't take offense if you need another take or scrap it.

This is the first time I've recorded my own voice and listened to it.  It seems a few people are recording theirs in pieces and then adding the best takes together to make the whole track?  That's very smart.  I didn't know you could do that, so I just re-recorded it.  Over and over and over.  The words lost all meaning after a while and I can't tell if the palpable loathing present is what I sound like on a regular basis or just a product of the resentment I had toward flubbing the last line of a six minute long reading.

The experience left me distinctly questioning why anyone would subject themselves to me speaking by choice.  So really, thanks for helping me learn who my real friends are.    8)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jenne

:lulz:  But I know what you mean, EoC.  Mine's short, so re-reading it only twice seemed to help.  I remember when I was recording the "Who Are WE?" with my brother a couple of years back, I tried playing with the inflection so much that I ended up changing the meaning here and there, or intended focus or whatever, such that he'd make me go back and re-do it if he thought that individual take was ass or whatever.

Can't wait for this damned cold to be over and done (longest cold EVAR!) so I can record that mother.

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 09, 2011, 01:20:08 AM

I'm not positive I mentioned it in my e-mail, but if I did a shitty job on the recording I won't take offense if you need another take or scrap it.

This is the first time I've recorded my own voice and listened to it.  It seems a few people are recording theirs in pieces and then adding the best takes together to make the whole track?  That's very smart.  I didn't know you could do that, so I just re-recorded it.  Over and over and over.  The words lost all meaning after a while and I can't tell if the palpable loathing present is what I sound like on a regular basis or just a product of the resentment I had toward flubbing the last line of a six minute long reading.

The experience left me distinctly questioning why anyone would subject themselves to me speaking by choice.  So really, thanks for helping me learn who my real friends are.    8)

I've got no problem with your voice.  The problems I'm having are creative -- I've got an initial idea of what to do, but I'm having a bitch of a time hammering it into shape.  I think I'm going to have to pull an Oblique Strategy card if this keeps up.

In addition, I've been asked to mix a for realsie song for a band down in Philly, which takes priority.

If I haven't said it recently, I really appreciate everyone's contributions.  It gives me a lot more options.

LMNO

ATTN: Navkat

Yes, I'm a sound engineer.  Please to find some of my work here:
http://www.reverbnation.com/earfatigueproductions
And here:
http://www.reverbnation.com/thespiderproject

My latest remix for Grubstake isn't up yet, it's still being mastered.

navkat

navkat

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 23, 2011, 12:56:30 PM
ATTN: Navkat

Yes, I'm a sound engineer.  Please to find some of my work here:
http://www.reverbnation.com/earfatigueproductions
And here:

My latest remix for Grubstake isn't up yet, it's still being mastered.

HAWT.

navkat

THE PILLZ GIVE YOU A POUCH LIEK KANGAROOS HAVE AN YOU KEEP YUOR SKREEMZ IN IT.

:mittens:

(I don't often give mittens).

LMNO

You've been here since 2006.  How is it possible you haven't heard this stuff yet?

But, thanks anyway for the mittens!

AFK

Raped by Food is also a must-hear classic. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

SIX MOTHERFUCKING MINUTES FROM EOC.

last song on the list.  

Fuck, that one took a long time, believe it or not.