News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

New Ford cop cars

Started by Adios, December 13, 2010, 08:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 10:30:50 PM
Even when the traffic is all moving ten mph faster than the posted limit?

I live in BFE Kansas. We don't have that problem because we're civilized.  :D

Juana

Well, that's what multiple lane roads are for, at least here in CA. Inner-most lane is the "fast lane", second lane is speed limit, third lane is for slow drivers.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 10:30:50 PM
Even when the traffic is all moving ten mph faster than the posted limit?

That's the best time to avoid speeding, drives people nuts, even if you're in the far right lane.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

While it is funny how angry people get when you drive the posted limit, it's kind of nerve wracking to get repeatedly tailgated and swerved around.

Golden Applesauce

This.

Personally, I find it hilarious to watch half a dozen cars pull around me, only to have all of us get stopped at the same red light, but on the other hand my reflexes are shit and it only takes one moron with a cell phone to kill you.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Golden Applesauce

Also, I've started a new campaign to raise fuel efficiency.  It's called "Drive 50 mph on the highway."  Seriously, 50 mph is more than fast enough for a fleshy biped.  I really want to get enough people to take up all of the lanes, and just do this for a twenty mile stretch, see how many cars we can collect behind us.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Jasper

I am habituated to 70mph as a baseline.  At 50, I feel like I'm walking.  It's unbearable.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on December 14, 2010, 01:07:01 AM
Also, I've started a new campaign to raise fuel efficiency.  It's called "Drive 50 mph on the highway."  Seriously, 50 mph is more than fast enough for a fleshy biped.  I really want to get enough people to take up all of the lanes, and just do this for a twenty mile stretch, see how many cars we can collect behind us.
And see how long it takes to get pulled over for impeding the flow of traffic?

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 14, 2010, 01:00:36 AM
While it is funny how angry people get when you drive the posted limit, it's kind of nerve wracking to get repeatedly tailgated and swerved around.

I have a tailgating rule: the more you tailgate, the more I ease off the gas pedal. Nice and easy, very subtly, no brake lights, I gradually slow down to a frustrating 5 mph below the speed limit. Then, when I have sufficient space in front of me I quickly accelerate back to the speed I was originally going. 9 times out of 10, even if the tailgater catches up to me again, they don't tailgate this time.

The only exception is when my baby is in the car, which is when I will even pull over to the shoulder to get fuckheads off my bumper.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Adios

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on December 14, 2010, 01:35:32 AM

I have a tailgating rule: the more you tailgate, the more I ease off the gas pedal. Nice and easy, very subtly, no brake lights, I gradually slow down to a frustrating 5 mph below the speed limit. Then, when I have sufficient space in front of me I quickly accelerate back to the speed I was originally going. 9 times out of 10, even if the tailgater catches up to me again, they don't tailgate this time.

The only exception is when my baby is in the car, which is when I will even pull over to the shoulder to get fuckheads off my bumper.

:mittens:

Phox

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 14, 2010, 01:36:37 AM

Yeah, this.

Don Coyote

:mittens:2

I do the same thing.

Suu

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 09:01:28 PM
But

but

(pout)

They've been doing it for years in real states like Rhode Island and Florida. Shit, in Florida they use junked up cars too, so before you know it, Smokey is all-up-ins.

Only in RI, the stateys all have those fucking uniforms you see in Me, Myself and Irene, so it's easier to spot them, but they still aren't nice when they pull you over.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

I am the righteous arbiter of justice on the road.  Tailgating me on the highway because you're trying to pass me and I'm in the high speed lane, that's fine.  Passing me on the right?  You. are. fucked.  I will go so grossly out of my own convenience to fuck you over as badly as I possibly can.  I will make you miss your exit, I will trap you behind the minivan on the far right moving at a crawl and braking inexplicably.  You have never seen pure evil so singularly personified as in that surprisingly agile beat up little Civic as it cuts your only path in the traffic you've been weaving around in like a dickbag.  Do not pass me on the right.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.