News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Facebook group

Started by Adios, January 12, 2011, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

It's a busy little site, isn't it?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Phox

Quote from: maphdet on January 18, 2011, 05:58:46 PM
I don't know which groups to Mass Add to. Lemme know and I'll start some clicking tonight.

Mass Add to my group.  :lulz:

Juana

THEN EDIT YOUR FUCKING SETTINGS. PROBLEM FUCKING SOLVED.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Liam on January 19, 2011, 03:07:07 AM
YES, I JSUT LOVE HAVING MY FACEBOOK SPAMMED BY ALL SORTS OF PURILE SHITE. :/

Dude, you can turn it off. This whole thing is a protest against the involuntary add and stupid default settings, but you can at least turn off the notifications.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: Hover Cat on January 19, 2011, 03:22:20 AM
I can't seem to stop the update every time someone changes the name of the group. It's most distressing.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

Quote from: Faust on January 19, 2011, 01:59:24 PM
I can't seem to stop the update every time someone changes the name of the group. It's most distressing.

Same, but it somehow doesn't bother me. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Apparently, this doesn't work if someone changes the name.  :crankey:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2011, 03:51:29 PM

Werks fer me.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2011, 03:51:29 PM

You have to go into Edit Settings and click the link to take you to your settings, and you can change it there so you don't receive notice when someone changes the name.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

so many of my friends have blasted me with noise because of this shit

I didn't even add them! My buddy Stern added them, but somehow I'm being held accountable for getting him into trolling.  :argh!:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on January 19, 2011, 04:28:34 PM
so many of my friends have blasted me with noise because of this shit

I didn't even add them! My buddy Stern added them, but somehow I'm being held accountable for getting him into trolling.  :argh!:

The funny thing is that it isn't even trolling, if you start a group for one of your interests and want to add your friends. Since you can't invite them, you have to add them. It's just the way it's set up. It's a really bad move on Facebook's part. I think they think people will just get used to it, but unless they change the default email settings to not flood your inbox, people are going to keep getting pissed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

oh it's definitely trolling - it's not like you cats are accidentally blasting everybody you know with hundreds of e-mails or accidentally making people members of the FACEBOOK RAPE CLUB or whatever its called right now :p

Nephew Twiddleton

Special request- Do not add me to a group unless I am on Facebook at the same time so I can change teh settings immediately. I still haven't cleaned out my email. It's going to be even worse now.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on January 19, 2011, 05:55:40 PM
Special request- Do not add me to a group unless I am on Facebook at the same time so I can change teh settings immediately. I still haven't cleaned out my email. It's going to be even worse now.

I've given up on my email   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Blight on January 19, 2011, 05:55:40 PM

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MAKES ME WANT TO DO?? WHY DO YOU DO THIS SHIT TO ME??