News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

tales from the great recession: the aftermath

Started by the dreadful hours, January 14, 2011, 06:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the dreadful hours

the aftermath isn't the romanticized wind-swept dystopian landscape you see in the movies

the aftermath isn't accompanied by a bittersweet classical score

the aftermath doesn't come with the ray of hope that a new day will dawn

the aftermath will not be ushered off and replaced by the eventual ascension of rejuvenation

the aftermath is not a placeholder......

the aftermath is cold and static

the aftermath is utterly unchanging

the aftermath is you ... there ... forever

just you....

there are no beacons

there are no search parties

no one is coming for you

Adios

LMNO

And we won't have to use arithmetic anymore... because it's the after-math!

(to be fair, i think the dreadful hours appreciates puns more than most people.)

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 14, 2011, 07:00:34 PM
And we won't have to use arithmetic anymore... because it's the after-math!

(to be fair, i think the dreadful hours appreciates puns more than most people.)

:lulz:

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That was one of your better ones, ambassador.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

the last yatto

That's the funny thing about the aftermath, some people who believe in order say its anarchy and it doesn't really exist, others see it as the process of the machine slowly eatting itself. Some people who believe in zen see it as the guru getting run over by a car, others see it as the orgasm after a good night of looting.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit