News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring!!!

Started by Suu, February 02, 2011, 02:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Someone get that groundhog to an eye doctor, stat!

I think his nerve endings are fucked up too.  Or he has a really thick fur coat. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Phox

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 02, 2011, 02:57:05 PM
Someone get that groundhog to an eye doctor, stat!

I think his nerve endings are fucked up too.  Or he has a really thick fur coat. 
Don't jinx it you bastard! I don't want to get hit by another snow plow.  :tinfoilhat:

Whatever

Well as I am posting from an icehole.....

I can't wait for spring.  Hell I can't wait for 40 degrees again.

Suu

Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 03:32:37 PM

You and me both, kid. I've lived here in RI for 8.5 years now and I've never seen a winter like this. I think I just missed the last La Nina rotation or something.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

You better hope he's wrong, or you're all gonna drown.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Whatever

Quote from: Suu on February 02, 2011, 09:55:53 PM
Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 03:32:37 PM

You and me both, kid. I've lived here in RI for 8.5 years now and I've never seen a winter like this. I think I just missed the last La Nina rotation or something.

I've just been up here since 2006.  Closest thing to winter I had seen for 20 years, it got down to freezing twice I think the whole time I lived in the south.  Since I've been here, fuck it's been cold, but this winter, dear lord I don't think we've gotten above freezing this winter.

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 09:59:43 PM

Are you saying I shouldn't get the bikini out just yet?   :wink:

:lulz:

*GrumpButt*

Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 10:06:17 PM

Are you saying I shouldn't get the bikini out just yet?   :wink:

:lulz:

Go for it! PICS!  :lulz:

I can't wait for the triple digit heat! :D
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Cuddlefish

I really hope not. If there's another incident like last spring, I will be pissed. I practically just moved back in.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Suu

Quote from: Cuddlefish on February 03, 2011, 02:01:54 AM

I really hope not. If there's another incident like last spring, I will be pissed. I practically just moved back in.

Yeah, I know. All this snow does NOT bode well for the rivers. The Pawtuxet watershed is STILL iffy.

Triple Zero

Apparently this little event was the reason for Lulu to send me a 20% off coupon.

Pretty sweet cause I ordered the Etc.Discordia for only $12.18 8)

(plus about $6 postage which was excluded from the reduction)

BTW I was wondering, because earlier this week, Monday, I got a coupon in my email for 15% off on the Etc.Discordia. Lulu said they were giving me that coupon as an incentive, cause I had the Etc.Discordia in my shopping cart since a week or two but had not completed the order yet (cause I had no credit card to pay with).

Pretty sure this stuff is all handled automatically. So maybe a nice trick if you're going to order something from Lulu and you're in no particular hurry, let it sit in your shopping cart for a week or two in order to get 15% off :-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.