News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring!!!

Started by Suu, February 02, 2011, 02:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Someone get that groundhog to an eye doctor, stat!

I think his nerve endings are fucked up too.  Or he has a really thick fur coat. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Phox

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 02, 2011, 02:57:05 PM
Someone get that groundhog to an eye doctor, stat!

I think his nerve endings are fucked up too.  Or he has a really thick fur coat. 
Don't jinx it you bastard! I don't want to get hit by another snow plow.  :tinfoilhat:

Whatever

Well as I am posting from an icehole.....

I can't wait for spring.  Hell I can't wait for 40 degrees again.

Suu

Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 03:32:37 PM

You and me both, kid. I've lived here in RI for 8.5 years now and I've never seen a winter like this. I think I just missed the last La Nina rotation or something.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

You better hope he's wrong, or you're all gonna drown.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Whatever

Quote from: Suu on February 02, 2011, 09:55:53 PM
Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 03:32:37 PM

You and me both, kid. I've lived here in RI for 8.5 years now and I've never seen a winter like this. I think I just missed the last La Nina rotation or something.

I've just been up here since 2006.  Closest thing to winter I had seen for 20 years, it got down to freezing twice I think the whole time I lived in the south.  Since I've been here, fuck it's been cold, but this winter, dear lord I don't think we've gotten above freezing this winter.

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 09:59:43 PM

Are you saying I shouldn't get the bikini out just yet?   :wink:

:lulz:

*GrumpButt*

Quote from: Niamh on February 02, 2011, 10:06:17 PM

Are you saying I shouldn't get the bikini out just yet?   :wink:

:lulz:

Go for it! PICS!  :lulz:

I can't wait for the triple digit heat! :D
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Cuddlefish

I really hope not. If there's another incident like last spring, I will be pissed. I practically just moved back in.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Suu

Quote from: Cuddlefish on February 03, 2011, 02:01:54 AM

I really hope not. If there's another incident like last spring, I will be pissed. I practically just moved back in.

Yeah, I know. All this snow does NOT bode well for the rivers. The Pawtuxet watershed is STILL iffy.

Triple Zero

Apparently this little event was the reason for Lulu to send me a 20% off coupon.

Pretty sweet cause I ordered the Etc.Discordia for only $12.18 8)

(plus about $6 postage which was excluded from the reduction)

BTW I was wondering, because earlier this week, Monday, I got a coupon in my email for 15% off on the Etc.Discordia. Lulu said they were giving me that coupon as an incentive, cause I had the Etc.Discordia in my shopping cart since a week or two but had not completed the order yet (cause I had no credit card to pay with).

Pretty sure this stuff is all handled automatically. So maybe a nice trick if you're going to order something from Lulu and you're in no particular hurry, let it sit in your shopping cart for a week or two in order to get 15% off :-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.