News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Florida Governor being sued by people of state...

Started by Suu, March 02, 2011, 06:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

For not taking Federal money for the rail:

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/march/213660/Lawsuit-does-little-to-sway-Gov.-Scott-on-high-speed-rail

"Dear He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named,

The federal government is giving you money, you're turning it down, and your people obviously hate you enough to take you to court over it. The feds say if you don't take it, we get it, and if Rhode Island gets it, we won't give it back. In fact, I probably won't even know who's ass it's getting shoved up at the Foxy Lady.

Please make the right choice.

Kisses,

Suu, Princess of Pinellas County in Exile."

Edited because I can't spell for shit today.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Huzzah!  To me, that's using the courts system THE RIGHT WAY. 

Feds offer funds to states.

Red state governors refuse aforementioned funds because heads are up asses (read: they don't like the man in the White House and have sandy vaginas over their losses)

Red state voters notice--HEY, THE FEDS ARE TAKING OUR SHARE OF THE PIE AND GIVING IT TO OTHERS WHO APPRECIATE THE OFFERINGS--WHY COME?

Red state voters notice--HEY, OUR GOVERNOR SAID NO TO SAID OFFERINGS--WHY COME?

Red state voters get the picture, viewing the governor's head up his/her ass.

Red state voters sue the pants off governor to get the head out of said governor's ass.

I mean, good luck and all, but at least they (some?) are trying, ex post facto.

Personally, I'm part of the "You're Getting What You Voted For" committee on "How to View 2011 Voter Angst."

Suu

The kicker with Florida is that the red voters are 75% old people who just vote Republican because it's the party they're registered under, and the rest are honkies in Arcadia or Sebring that don't know their asses from their elbows and neither of them will be proactive at all defending their choice for governor.

Unfortunately, those honkies proved to be just enough to get the asshole in office, and the rest of the state who actually care is PISSED.

Scott is thinking about himself from the corporate businessman point of view, "What is this going to do for me the state? What are we getting out of it?"

The voters:

"Uh...you'll be able to help the economy by allowing people to save on gas money and commuting more effectively from St. Pete/Tampa/Orlando/Canaveral/Melbourne instead of clogging up I-4, and opening the entry-level job market in Orlando to workers who can't afford cars living in the Tampa Bay or Space Coast areas?!?!?! As well as opening the market in Tampa to Melbourne and vice versa?! You could work for NASA and live in Tampa and not have to relocate?!"

I hate those god forsaken amusement parks just as much as the next person, but Disney is ALWAYS HIRING. My brother could have scored several jobs there in a matter of a day of being unemployed if the rail was accessible to him, but in his gas-guzzling Ford Explorer that he needs to tow his boat for tournaments, the daily 150-mi roundtrip to Orlando and back would be no good.  My dad is constantly driving to NASA and back for work that he does for them. That drive SUCKS, and the toll roads only get you out of the traffic for so long.

....I could jump on the train to see Squiddy for beers instead of relying on my sister, too.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

You know Suu that is something that has always annoyed the shit out of me with Florida.  No commuter travel options other than a couple of flights and the N-S amtrak.

In a state with more tourism than most can conceive you would think affordable commuting would have been a top priority a long time ago. 

When I lived in Naples, I was offered a really good job in Miami.  I didn't take it because, well lets be honest who really wants to live in Miami and moving was my only options other than a 6 hour round trip commute.  A high spped commuter trian would have been awesome.  Hell I'd still be living in Florida.

Jenne

I hear you.  We've had rail funding dumped here and there for CA, too, in interest of big oil and the like.  It sucks.  And So Cal could USE a rail system that MADE SENSE.  As it is, SD has coasters and trolleys, but they really don't get you AROUND.  They're more like touristy shit for people from out of town, not a REALLY FOR REAL ways to get around for the workaday person with no car.

Suu

I voted on this goddamn rail 10 years ago.

Christ, at this rate, Rhode Island will actually have their rail done first. You see, we weren't stupid...of COURSE we took federal money for transportation.