News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Glenn Beck's show to go off the air

Started by Disco Pickle, April 06, 2011, 09:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/06/beck-leaves-daily-show/?hpt=T2

Quote(CNN) - Fox News Channel anchor Glenn Beck will end his daily show later this year to develop and produce a variety of television projects to air on the channel, according to a release Wednesday.

The new agreement between FNC and Mercury Radio Arts will ensure Beck appears on the television network and through other "digital properties."

"Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody's standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him," Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes said in a statement.

"Glenn Beck" launched in 2009. The host previously hosted a show on CNN's sister network HLN.

Howard Kurtz, Washington bureau chief for The Daily Beast and host of CNN's "Reliable Sources" said the split was a "divorce many months in the making."

"By the end, both sides wanted out," Kurtz said in an email. "Beck's show proved too radioactive for Fox, and the network became an uncomfortable home for Glenn Beck."

and there was much rejoicing
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Luna

Wait.

They're taking his whiny, crybaby ass off TV, yay.

However... 

Quoteend his daily show later this year to develop and produce a variety of television projects to air on the channel

They're gonna let him write MOAR shows?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

bds

I think I would rather him confined to one dusty show than producing a "variety" of other projects, to be honest.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 06, 2011, 09:10:15 PM
Wait.

However... 

Quoteend his daily show later this year to develop and produce a variety of television projects to air on the channel

Yes.  And they won't air any.  And he'll eventually quit, and rant on the internet.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 09:11:28 PM
Quote from: Luna on April 06, 2011, 09:10:15 PM
Wait.

However... 

Yes.  And they won't air any.  And he'll eventually quit, and rant on the internet.

One can hope.

See, rational people hear "Glenn Beck," and immediately know that what's going to follow will be a load of horseshit so tainted that it's not even good fertilizer.  Let him hide behind a half-dozen puppets and the monkeys will get even stupider, and I'm not sure I can take that.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Read the announcement carefully.

It's corporatese, like "furthering his career", or "spending more time with his family".

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 09:15:36 PM
Read the announcement carefully.

It's corporatese, like "furthering his career", or "spending more time with his family".

Ah...  I'm not good with corporatese.  Shorthand for "they won't let us take his ass out back and shoot him."

Disco Pickle

Quote"By the end, both sides wanted out," Kurtz said in an email. "Beck's show proved too radioactive for Fox, and the network became an uncomfortable home for Glenn Beck."

thought that was the most revealing part of the article.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Thurnez Isa

maybe he'll do another round of his "comedy" tour
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 06, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

Or maybe he'll OD in a hotel room.

Guess which one my bet's on?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 06, 2011, 09:25:26 PM

More likely, he'll hook up Sarah Palin, and they'll spiral into failure as a team.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 09:26:16 PM

More likely, he'll hook up Sarah Palin, and they'll spiral into failure as a team.

:vom:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Oh FUCK, Roger, I did NOT need that visual.

Palin in a dom costume, Beck with his wrists strapped to a headboard, tears running down his face framing the ball gag...

How the fuck am I supposed to sleep tonight?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 06, 2011, 09:29:26 PM

Oh FUCK, Roger, I did NOT need that visual.

Palin in a dom costume, Beck with his wrists strapped to a headboard, tears running down his face framing the ball gag...

How the fuck am I supposed to sleep tonight?

Shit, no.  I meant a "political alliance".  She wouldn't fuck him, he's a Mormon, and thus - to her - a non-Christian animal.  Fine for helping combat LIBRUL DEFF PANELS, but not so much for anything else.  Besides, she has Todd, when he isn't fucking that fat masseuse.