PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Icarus

Started by Ambassador KLOK KAOS, July 04, 2011, 12:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 04, 2011, 08:42:21 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2011, 05:11:19 PM
Meh, Anonymous have been targeting "innocent" people for years.

So have most of the companies and individuals trading on the NYSE.

Nothing changes if they succeed and nothing changes if they fail.

(Either way, calling it "terrorism" is kinda rich.  It's not like Anonymous are actually going to plant bombs in the offices of stockbrokers or send a hit squad in to teach Lloyd Blankfein you can really fuck someone's life up for the very cheap cost of 8 cents, rather than through crashing the world economy).

I suppose more accurately it would be "Financial Terrorism" so no it's not the same as flying planes intot the towers.

Buddy, while you were making outlandish music on the internet I was working for a transatlantic think tank on questions involving terrorism, financial and economic sabotage of critical structures and the best way to prevent them (which would then be promptly reversed engineered and distributed to intelligence personnel for their usual half-hearted efforts at blowing things up and killing people).

This isn't terrorism.

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

I'm citing reason 2 as well as Faust's examples.  Reason 2 can be confirmed through reaction of NYSE posted on blog comments all over the net.

Anon is completely aware of the fear they are instilling and using that fear to drive the market.  In the end, innocents will lose their pensions if their plan is successful, and this is considered acceptable loss, making them no different from the current establishment, except that they are potentially more dangerous.

Anon isn't just computers, black faxes and pizza deliveries, it's also a propaganda machine capable of a twisting a paradigm.  Controlling others through fear is exactly terrorism IMO.  Whether it's a gun at the head or the threat of losing one's life savings, it's still coercion.
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore, to misuse it.

New Rule:  You are a terrorist and with be dealt with as such.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 04, 2011, 09:52:42 PM
Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 04, 2011, 09:51:19 PM
the plan is drop wall street on it's ass.

ter·ror·ism   
[ter-uh-riz-uhm] 
–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

sauce dictionary.com

And how does what they do fall into any of those three catagories?

What they're doing is market manipulation. 

Unless you're one of those guys that wants to make every crime "terrorism", so we can two-step around due process?

I just want to savour this moment.  AKK is quoting dictionary.com at me to try and explain what terrorism is.

I believe this is stage two of his known and noted behaviour.

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2011, 10:25:01 PM

Buddy, while you were making outlandish music on the internet I was working for a transatlantic think tank on questions involving terrorism, financial and economic sabotage of critical structures and the best way to prevent them (which would then be promptly reversed engineered and distributed to intelligence personnel for their usual half-hearted efforts at blowing things up and killing people).

This isn't terrorism.

Please share your findings then.  Not challenging your position, I'm interested.
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore, to misuse it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 04, 2011, 10:26:24 PM
I'm citing reason 2 as well as Faust's examples.  Reason 2 can be confirmed through reaction of NYSE posted on blog comments all over the net.

Anon is completely aware of the fear they are instilling and using that fear to drive the market.  In the end, innocents will lose their pensions if their plan is successful, and this is considered acceptable loss, making them no different from the current establishment, except that they are potentially more dangerous.

Anon isn't just computers, black faxes and pizza deliveries, it's also a propaganda machine capable of a twisting a paradigm.  Controlling others through fear is exactly terrorism IMO.  Whether it's a gun at the head or the threat of losing one's life savings, it's still coercion.

Right, then.  We should also arrest anyone who starts a boycott on terrorism charges.
Molon Lube

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 04, 2011, 10:35:10 PM

Right, then.  We should also arrest anyone who starts a boycott on terrorism charges.

Fair enough.  I suppose I'm mostly concerned of the scale of the damage and the innocent bystandards that stand to lose a great deal.  That's if you want to be all pragmatic about it :/  I'm interested in seeing Cain's findings though.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2011, 10:25:01 PM
Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 04, 2011, 08:42:21 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2011, 05:11:19 PM
Meh, Anonymous have been targeting "innocent" people for years.

So have most of the companies and individuals trading on the NYSE.

Nothing changes if they succeed and nothing changes if they fail.

(Either way, calling it "terrorism" is kinda rich.  It's not like Anonymous are actually going to plant bombs in the offices of stockbrokers or send a hit squad in to teach Lloyd Blankfein you can really fuck someone's life up for the very cheap cost of 8 cents, rather than through crashing the world economy).

I suppose more accurately it would be "Financial Terrorism" so no it's not the same as flying planes intot the towers.

This isn't terrorism.

I don't know. Have you heard his music.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

lol, I totally get it!  You were comparing my music to terrorism...

:roll:

In actuality the record after the one I'm currently working on (concept only right now) is under the working title "American Audio Torture".  It came up when someone suggested that they blast my music instead of Metallica at the prisoners in Guantanamo to make sure they learn their lesson.  Admittedly, I think it would have a better impact.  Metallica does include melodies and harmonies while I strive for cognitive dissonance that just barely holds itself together structurally.

But thanks for the vote of confidence  :D

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 04, 2011, 10:40:56 PM

Fair enough.  I suppose I'm mostly concerned of the scale of the damage and the innocent bystandards that stand to lose a great deal.  That's if you want to be all pragmatic about it :/  I'm interested in seeing Cain's findings though.

1.  We don't like your company's policies.

2.  We will conspire to not buy from you until you change.

3.  You and all of your employees (and their families) and vendors (and THEIR families) will suffer financially until this happens.

I have now used a boycott, and by your definition, become a terrorist.

ITT, We learn that Martin Luther King Jr's boycott of the Birmingham bus system was an act of terrorism.  Lester Maddox would be so pleased to hear about this, were he alive.

Also, Gandhi was a terrorist, for his multiple Boycotts, as was Nelson Mandella.

I LOVE THIS CENTURY!  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 05, 2011, 05:49:08 PM

Right, then.  We should also arrest anyone who starts a boycott on terrorism charges.

Fair enough.  I suppose I'm mostly concerned of the scale of the damage and the innocent bystandards that stand to lose a great deal.  That's if you want to be all pragmatic about it :/  I'm interested in seeing Cain's findings though.

1.  We don't like your company's policies.

2.  We will conspire to not buy from you until you change.

3.  You and all of your employees (and their families) and vendors (and THEIR families) will suffer financially until this happens.

ITT, We learn that Martin Luther King Jr's boycott of the Birmingham bus system was an act of terrorism.  Lester Maddox would be so pleased to hear about this, were he alive.

Also, Gandhi was a terrorist, for his multiple Boycotts, as was Nelson Mandella.

I LOVE THIS CENTURY!  :lulz:

But if that is true then I'm a terrorist.....  :cry:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Khara on July 05, 2011, 05:53:52 PM

Right, then.  We should also arrest anyone who starts a boycott on terrorism charges.

Fair enough.  I suppose I'm mostly concerned of the scale of the damage and the innocent bystandards that stand to lose a great deal.  That's if you want to be all pragmatic about it :/  I'm interested in seeing Cain's findings though.

1.  We don't like your company's policies.

2.  We will conspire to not buy from you until you change.

3.  You and all of your employees (and their families) and vendors (and THEIR families) will suffer financially until this happens.

ITT, We learn that Martin Luther King Jr's boycott of the Birmingham bus system was an act of terrorism.  Lester Maddox would be so pleased to hear about this, were he alive.

I LOVE THIS CENTURY!  :lulz:

But if that is true then I'm a terrorist.....  :cry:

Well, I guess it's indefinite detention for you.  We can't be too careful, you know.
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 05, 2011, 05:56:37 PM
Quote from: Khara on July 05, 2011, 05:53:52 PM

1.  We don't like your company's policies.

2.  We will conspire to not buy from you until you change.

3.  You and all of your employees (and their families) and vendors (and THEIR families) will suffer financially until this happens.

ITT, We learn that Martin Luther King Jr's boycott of the Birmingham bus system was an act of terrorism.  Lester Maddox would be so pleased to hear about this, were he alive.

I LOVE THIS CENTURY!  :lulz:

But if that is true then I'm a terrorist.....  :cry:

Well, I guess it's indefinite detention for you.  We can't be too careful, you know.

I think after a week with my kids, I'll be set free.   :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Maybe paranoid but..

My (limited) understanding is that "anons" are not centrally organized and might be considered more of a ladder conspiracy or similar. 

If there is no knowable organizer then it becomes possible to use the rhetoric and format to simply stir up people to do what you suggest.

There's serious money on the table here for someone that's ready to short the fall (if it happens). 

It would also likely allow for more "Anti-terror" legislation, and only the less skillful participants are likely to take the fall.

Perhaps this is an attempt by the con to use anon.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

BabylonHoruv

I wouldn't call an attack on the new york stock exchange terrorism, but I also wouldn't call it market manipulation.  It is systemic disruption, a direct attack on the system.

A more concrete example of systemic disruption would be cutting the powerline to a city, and this is a much more direct attack than a boycott.

a DDOS attack on the stock exchange falls under the same category.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.