News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Question for Maine Spags... Um, I guess that's just ECH, now.

Started by LMNO, July 14, 2011, 03:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Gonna take our anniversare (9/17) in Maine, going to http://www.arrowsrestaurant.com/index.cfm for dinner.  It's in Ogunquit.  Any good/romantic/non-shithole Bed & Breakfasts in the area?

East Coast Hustle

Meh, you'll never get me to wax poetic about Northern Mass Southern Maine.

That said, Inn By The Sea in Cape Elizabeth is fucking stellar. It's about 45 mins to an hour from Ogunquit, but it's one of the best spots in the country. I'm sure there are nice places in Ogunquit and Cape Neddick, though most of the rest of York County is tourist traps (Kennebunkport, OOB, Wells, etc.)

Good choice, by the way. That East Meets West dinner is guaranteed to be pretty awesome, though they might have trouble finding chefs to bring in that can live up to their standards. I haven't eaten there, but everyone I know who has says it's just as good as you want it to be.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

My friend who lives in Wells recommends the Cape Neddick Inn.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Thanks, man.  I know it's not the complete TRONE experience, but what the hell.  Baby steps, right?

East Coast Hustle

It's all relative. I slag on Southern Maine because compared to Downeast, it's almost Danvers. But compared to, say, Revere Beach...Southern Maine is still 400% nicer.