News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Insight Into Anarchy's Subtle Nuances. London. 2011.

Started by Eartha-ly Delights, August 10, 2011, 01:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 11, 2011, 03:11:24 AM
Quote from: Eartha-ly Delights on August 11, 2011, 12:43:56 AM
Possibly there is another school of thought within Discordianism.....maybe even more than one other... which diverges from your own narrowly defined conception of the thing.

Perhaps in some of those anarchy is very much a central concern. Though I suspect that should you lot ever come across such a school of thought, or any of those who espouse its philosophies you'd flame and belittle them too.

I've come to the conclusion that the problem with this particular group for my purposes is that its far too Americentrist to be of interest.
Your understanding of and curiosity about geopolitics on pd seems to vacillate only throughout the regions sandwiched between Tijuana and Toronto.

But I'm quite confident that popular opinion on pd will be that I'm wrong about that too.
Popular opinion here seeming to be the only thing that resonates.

Funny that, for a group who claim to pride themselves on liking a bit of disharmony....atonal elements aren't really welcome  are they?

Care to enlighten us who/what the fuck you're alluding to?
No.  :lulz:

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Johnny

WEll, theres a lot of articles about the USA, but even I as a foreigner find them interesting, for most of them concern or are symptomatic of what is happening in the world.

Its really a matter of time-frames and what-is-happening-right-now, some weeks its Asia, some others are Europe, and then some other Arabia... theres a lot of talk of everywhere, except pretty much south america...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Phox

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 11, 2011, 03:49:56 AM
theres a lot of talk of everywhere, except pretty much south america...
That's patently untrue, I here about Texas and Florida and stuff all the time!

Eartha-ly Delights

Amerocentrist is not a term which means being an American. Nor does it mean one necessarily resides within America.

It is a term which means focusing primarily on the issues and events which are central to American politics and American military and economic interests.

And this site is most certainly that.

The board may well have lit up with talk of London now. But I waited 4 days to hear something insightful said on the matter here and it hadn't rated more than a passing mention.
Say what you will about the Nazis, but no woman ever fantasised about being tied up and ravished by a Liberal Democrat, now did she?
PJ O'Rourke

Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove.
Terry Pratchett

Epimetheus

Eartha-ly Delights

Quote from: Epimetheus on August 11, 2011, 04:40:30 AM
:monkeydance:

Yes . Extremely articulate. My ego is mortally wounded by that rapier like thrust of wit. Rush me to the burns unit will you? I haven't felt pain like this since year 9 when Alice Freeman said I was flat chested.
Say what you will about the Nazis, but no woman ever fantasised about being tied up and ravished by a Liberal Democrat, now did she?
PJ O'Rourke

Terry Pratchett

The Johnny

Quote from: Eartha-ly Delights on August 11, 2011, 04:26:25 AM
Amerocentrist is not a term which means being an American. Nor does it mean one necessarily resides within America.

It is a term which means focusing primarily on the issues and events which are central to American politics and American military and economic interests.

And this site is most certainly that.

The board may well have lit up with talk of London now. But I waited 4 days to hear something insightful said on the matter here and it hadn't rated more than a passing mention.

9 pages of discussions doesnt seem to me like a passing mention.

Its not the boards fault your degree of interest dont coincide with your own - and on that same matter, is it a lack of interest? or is it a lack of controversy on the subject? The thread isnt that long because there seems to be consensus on its meaning, if there were opposing viewpoints, it would be more heated.

And like i said, theres a lot of USA things discussed here, but due to the subjectiveness of it, you might consider it Americentrist, while i dont think so. So go where u feel the issues you are interested in are met more satisfactorily.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Epimetheus

much love, earthaly ~~~ energies~~~
think about it this way, if you think to post bout london, wat are u really doing, just posting as a conduit of some kind of energy, well we r all in this together,

I am a Businessman

and I can only say I am in it to make the world better...some new posters are clearly not my target audience :)

but we are all in the world - ~ ~ -

Respect

Eartha-ly Delights

If there had been opposing viewpoints they would have been inundated with shit like this one has been...dancing monkeys and pathetically overt attempts to change the topic to how much Dok isn't a guru . Like it always goes here...Discord seems somewhat confused with popular acclaim on this forum. Let's all agree to be discordant ...but only in the same way, innit?

Odd really as I would have thought the oxynmoronic qualities of that stand were fairly obvious.
PJ O'Rourke

Terry Pratchett

Freeky

Hey, did you ever think that you're getting flac because you're being a stupid bitch?  Because you are.

"If you've been divorced nine times, maybe it's you."

Epimetheus

Quote from: Eartha-ly Delights on August 11, 2011, 05:02:55 AM
If there had been opposing viewpoints they would have been inundated with shit like this one has been...dancing monkeys and pathetically overt attempts to change the topic to how much Dok isn't a guru . Like it always goes here...Discord seems somewhat confused with popular acclaim on this forum. Let's all agree to be discordant ...but only in the same way, innit?

Odd really as I would have thought the oxynmoronic qualities of that stand were fairly obvious.

:monkeydance:, :monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:...:monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance:      :monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:, :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance:; :monkeydance:.

:monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance:! :monkeydance: :monkeydance:.

:monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:, :monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:.

Epimetheus

Ah shit, deleted my previous post. Someone reinstate it, and quick! There are leaks forming! It's all I can do to keep this monkey-dam from falling apart completely!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Eartha-ly Delights on August 11, 2011, 05:02:55 AM

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division