News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Check in if you WEREN'T at the mem day meat up.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 19, 2011, 08:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

January is a bad time to drive but if anyone actually wants to come anytime I'll do my best to accommodate. It is an epically beautiful drive. Especially once you get clear of the yukon.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on August 20, 2011, 02:34:49 AM
January is a bad time to drive but if anyone actually wants to come anytime I'll do my best to accommodate. It is an epically beautiful drive. Especially once you get clear of the yukon.

I definitely don't want to go in January, but if I can finagle it during the warmer months I'd love to.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

And by that I mean clear the fireweed out of my backyard for tents.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on August 20, 2011, 02:39:09 AM

PERFECT.

I seriously need a new Epic Journey. I want to go to Tucson, too, but there are associations with that journey that I'm not ready to dredge up so I'll probably fly, when I can afford it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on August 20, 2011, 02:41:26 AM

PERFECT.

I seriously need a new Epic Journey. I want to go to Tucson, too, but there are associations with that journey that I'm not ready to dredge up so I'll probably fly, when I can afford it.

I need an Epic Roadtrip.  I have had a Roadtrip, but I just went down to Tombstone/Benson area. :/

Rumckle

You guys should totally have an epic sea-trip and come visit Placid Dingo and Bones, and me
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Freeky

Quote from: Rumckle on August 20, 2011, 03:28:07 AM
You guys should totally have an epic sea-trip and come visit Placid Dingo and Bones, and me

Hey, if you guys didn't INSIST on having an continental island in bumfuck nowhere, accessible only by flying THRITY SIX GODDAMN HOURS or a month-long cruise, maybe more people would come to see you.  Just saying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on August 20, 2011, 03:25:55 AM
Quote from: Nigel on August 20, 2011, 02:41:26 AM

PERFECT.

I need an Epic Roadtrip.  I have had a Roadtrip, but I just went down to Tombstone/Benson area. :/

I highly recommend them. They're amazing, especially if there's a chance that you might die, lose everything, or never come back.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rumckle on August 20, 2011, 03:28:07 AM

I'm actually working on that. Turns out the chief engineer's wife's family owns a duplex in Brisbane. They rent one side out to cover the taxes and maintenance costs and the other side sits empty for 10 or 11 months a year since they just use it as a family crash pad. I've been offered use of it for free for pretty much as long as I want to hang out there for, I just need to find the time and arrange my finances in a manner that allows me to blow a whole paycheck on flying over there and hanging out for a month without screwing myself.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Rumckle

Cool, Brisbane's a pretty awesome place (when it isn't flooding)
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Phox

Quote from: Khara on August 19, 2011, 09:29:44 PM
I wasn't there, but I am officially inviting anyone who wants to make the trip to my new little house for the next holiday of their choice that is at least 2 months away so I can actually like buy furniture.....  :lulz:
Well, I owe you a visit anywho, and if'n we can wrangle Iason, and maybe get Kai to come down from Chicago, we could have a Midwestern Meatup.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Phox on August 24, 2011, 01:23:08 AM
Quote from: Khara on August 19, 2011, 09:29:44 PM
I wasn't there, but I am officially inviting anyone who wants to make the trip to my new little house for the next holiday of their choice that is at least 2 months away so I can actually like buy furniture.....  :lulz:
Well, I owe you a visit anywho, and if'n we can wrangle Iason, and maybe get Kai to come down from Chicago, we could have a Midwestern Meatup.

Sounds like the start of a plan!!!  :evil:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 19, 2011, 09:04:07 PM
Ah, then this should probably go here, then:

Quote from: meOH RIGHT

SUu (who wasnt there) should probably still have the shopping list (it's on your desk, probably underneath the junk, yes.. right there) and should scan and post it. I think Intermittens is the right place for it.

also

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 19, 2011, 08:56:25 PM
I'll blame my complete and all-consuming aversion to Connecticunt for not being there. :lulz:

technically it wasn't really CT. We were in a house, and there was a porch where I whittled wood like a True American, could have been anywhere. We hardly left the house cause there were awesome Discordians all over the fucking place like madness, you could hardly call it CT in there.

Trip's new avatar makes me feel like America.
Molon Lube