News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

MORE BIJIJOO CONTROVERSY

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 02, 2011, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that you guys like my friend's work. :) I love him and think he's amazing and brilliant and wonderful and I am filled with the happiness that you do too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I blame that protrait on having strange, bee-related dreams last night.

I normally don't mind bees, so there is absolutely no reason for me to be dreaming of killer bees attacking everyone except that painting.  That said, I hope his next series of work will be "celebrities with oversized insects".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 06, 2011, 08:27:37 AM
I blame that protrait on having strange, bee-related dreams last night.

I normally don't mind bees, so there is absolutely no reason for me to be dreaming of killer bees attacking everyone except that painting.  That said, I hope his next series of work will be "celebrities with oversized insects".

Oooh! I will suggest that.

I think he might be mostly working on portraits of friends right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OMG OMG OMG

Dan Savage just emailed b asking if he can post b's painting of Rick Santorum on his blog! :lol:

THIS IS AWESOME.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 11, 2012, 09:39:56 PM
OMG OMG OMG

Dan Savage just emailed b asking if he can post b's painting of Rick Santorum on his blog! :lol:

THIS IS AWESOME.

Link for us cultural degenerates?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain, b says that he is totally going to work on a series that involves oversized invertebrates, though not necessarily with celebrities.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 09:40:37 PM
OMG OMG OMG

THIS IS AWESOME.

Link for us cultural degenerates?

It's not up yet, I will post it as soon as it is.

Cramulus

OMG OMG OMG

THIS IS AWESOME.

that is awesome! I had my laptop running a slideshow of the "best pix I downloaded in 2011" at my new years party, and that Santorum painting made everybody lose their shit. I had to show them Bijoo's website because yes, seriously, he paints tons of awesome stuff like that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, I guess I could link to the painting, it's just not on the blog yet: http://bijijoo.com/2011/still-life-with-rick-santorum-lube-dildo-and-justin-bieber-doll

Did you see the one he did of the little girl on the caterpillar? That's one of my favorites!

He also painted that entire family as hot dogs. The dad, by the way, is the guy who printed the pterodactyl T-shirts.

Oh shit, I REALLY gotta get back to homework. Before the kids come home.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 11, 2012, 09:54:42 PM
Oh, I guess I could link to the painting, it's just not on the blog yet: http://bijijoo.com/2011/still-life-with-rick-santorum-lube-dildo-and-justin-bieber-doll

Did you see the one he did of the little girl on the caterpillar? That's one of my favorites!

He also painted that entire family as hot dogs. The dad, by the way, is the guy who printed the pterodactyl T-shirts.

HAW HAW HAW HAW THAT'S AWESOME!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

I don't know who Sassy is but she sure sounds like someone on this forum, trolling.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 09:55:43 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 11, 2012, 09:54:42 PM

HAW HAW HAW HAW THAT'S AWESOME!

Isn't he GREAT?

EK WAFFLR

Wow. Just wow. I am in mad love with your friend, Nigel.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 12, 2012, 07:20:10 AM
Wow. Just wow. I am in mad love with your friend, Nigel.

Me too! He deserves mad love... he is awesome!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So Dan Savage posted it:

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/01/11/still-life-with-rick-santorum

and then this other blogger reposted it:

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2012/01/13/harper-steps-in-it/

B asked Dan if he would like to have the painting, and Dan's response was enthusiastic. As, indeed, it should be!