News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

You 'are' what you eat. (Kai, comments requested)

Started by Telarus, September 24, 2011, 07:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I figure if anyone is entitled to that joke, I am, given I spent three years as a kitchen assistant in a Chinese takeaway, and I made all the sweet and sour meals.  Plus, with all the horrendously racist shit I did hear there, that figured well down on the list.

Triple Zero

I'd still eat kitten.

I'm going to get this book "Handboek voor de Vinex-jager", loosely translates to "Handbook for the suburban hunter".

It's a guy with an awesome weblog who posts about how he "helps" the neighbourhoods of Amsterdam where apparently wild chickens run loose in the parks, catches fish from the canals, slaughters muskrats (also known as "water rabbit" in Belgium, they're hunted and exterminated for digging holes in our pretty dikes, in NL they must be destroyed when caught, it's illegal to obtain them for cooking. I dissected one in highschool), grows snails for consumption, tries to grow his own mushrooms, and of course brews beer mead and ciders.

All in all, pretty damn fucking awesome. And I still think I should be able to slaughter my own beastie, or I might as well be vegetarian. The water rabbit looked pretty tasty, as well.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 25, 2011, 06:18:55 PM
I figure if anyone is entitled to that joke, I am, given I spent three years as a kitchen assistant in a Chinese takeaway, and I made all the sweet and sour meals.  Plus, with all the horrendously racist shit I did hear there, that figured well down on the list.

Ah, that makes it OK then. Carry on.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I still might read that book, mind.  Looks interesting.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's very good. Pretty Americentric, but still very good.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."