News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

PD Field Trip Proposal ---- A M S T E R D A M

Started by Cramulus, September 28, 2011, 07:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

Quote from: Cain on October 26, 2011, 10:51:01 AM
MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY FOR DEMOLITION SQUID

DEAR DR. SQUID,

I TRUST THAT THIS FINDS YOU WELL.  AS YOU KNOW, THE DISCOVERY OF GHADAFFI'S EMBEZZELED $200 BILLION PRESENTS OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE NEW LIBYAN MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY.  BASED ON THE VERY USEFUL RESEARCH RESULTS THAT YOU ARE PUBLISHING, OUR MUTUAL FRIENDS IN AMSTERDAM HAS SUGGESTED THAT YOU ARE THE PERFECT PERSON TO HELP US REBUILD LIBYAN CULTURE.  UPON RECEIPT OF THE NECESSARY FINANCIAL DETAILS, WE WOULD LIKE TO APPOINT YOU AS AN ENDOWED CHAIR AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TRIPOLI, TO HEAD UP OUR SOCIOLOGY DEPARTMENT.  PLEASE KEEP THIS OFFER IN STRICTEST CONFIDENCE UNTIL FINALIZED.

YOURS MOST SINCERELY,

ABDULLAH FAKHIR

LIBYAN MINISTER OF CULTURE

:lulz:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Reginald Ret

Any news on this front?
I'm really excited about the idea of you spags coming to me instead of me having to come to you!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cramulus

I have polled most of my friends. Their reaction is along the lines of "that sounds like it would be fun." then I ask "So, are you in?" and there's a lonnnnnng pause.

I dunno, it's really hard for people to commit to something that' still 5-6 months away. But the longer we wait, the more expensive plane tickets get. So I'm unsure how to proceed at the moment.

Reginald Ret

1} Set a date, allowing the quitters to quit now and force the people who want to come to make real plans.
2} Always accept arguments against a specific date, countering with a new one without outlawing the previous one.
3} Make a list of who rejects what dates and ignore anyone who rejects 4 or more dates.
4} Do all this with a nice word in every communique.
5} Amsterdam with Regret, 000, Cram, (insert other names here)!!!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Faust

Just home from Maastricht now, saw 000 on Thursday. I really want to make it over for this meet.
If you set a date I will probably complain about it and suggest one that suits work a bit better, but count me in.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Scribbly

I will be going over for the conference. This is likely to be all of my holiday budget for the foreseeable future, and I suspect I'll spend most of the time in workshops/networking with those people... though, I could probably meet up in the evening if people are around at the same time. Not likely to be able to take part in a 'field trip' as such though.  :sad:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Triple Zero

Was looking for this thread. Remembered it had "AMSTERDAM" in the title. Went ctrl-F ing through the last couple of Apple Talk pages.

Good thing you put those spaces in A M S T E R D A M, Cram! ;-)

"shut up trip, just fix the search already"

oh yeah.

;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

EK WAFFLR

Amsterdam with PD-folk? Count me the fuck in!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Faust

Would someone slap a date on this? I'm thinking late march
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Luna

REALLY wish I could swing this, but, short orf winning the lottery, it's not in the cards.   :cry:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 07, 2011, 11:15:14 AM
Was looking for this thread. Remembered it had "AMSTERDAM" in the title. Went ctrl-F ing through the last couple of Apple Talk pages.

Good thing you put those spaces in A M S T E R D A M, Cram! ;-)

Gotta track out those allcaps.

Or you can go ctrl-F yourself. ;)
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

Quote from: Faust on December 07, 2011, 12:07:55 PM
Would someone slap a date on this? I'm thinking late march

I'm trying to get Eve to take some time off from work so she can go. Apparently this is kind of difficult at her job. But as soon as she knows if/when she can come, we'll have our date.

Triple Zero

I was actually looking for when Roger was planning to go to the UK, I seem to recall he picked a month, was it October?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Unless I abruptly get a high-paying job with many days off, I won't be able to make it this year.

:(
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 07, 2011, 01:20:38 PM
I was actually looking for when Roger was planning to go to the UK, I seem to recall he picked a month, was it October?

Yes, yes it was.