News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

What is this? I don't even?

Started by Telarus, October 28, 2011, 12:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

I think that's what we all believe.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Nephew Twiddleton

Whether we believe something or not is irrelevant. If a thing exists it exists independently of our imaginations. Same thing if it doesnt exist. I have a religion. But believing in my higher power doesnt make it real in an objective universe.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

rong

Normally, I'd agree with you.  Just trying on some different operating parameters.  I don't mean to have an argument really.

In college, I took a "history of mathematics" class.  During the first week, the professor polled the class: do you think mathematics was invented or discovered.  I was shocked, SHOCKED! by how many felt it was just made up. At the time I was convinced it was discovered - I.e. 1+1=2 whether I'm there to hear it or not.

I have later come to reconcile that it is actually some if both.

I think this is related to what philosophers call "A Priori" truth.

I only mention this because you seem very certain that you are right.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rong on October 29, 2011, 12:05:46 AM
Normally, I'd agree with you.  Just trying on some different operating parameters.  I don't mean to have an argument really.

In college, I took a "history of mathematics" class.  During the first week, the professor polled the class: do you think mathematics was invented or discovered.  I was shocked, SHOCKED! by how many felt it was just made up. At the time I was convinced it was discovered - I.e. 1+1=2 whether I'm there to hear it or not.

I have later come to reconcile that it is actually some if both.

I think this is related to what philosophers call "A Priori" truth.

I only mention this because you seem very certain that you are right.

Mathematics is a discovery. Numbering systems are an invention. We needed to invent the language we use to describe mathematical functions.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Im right in that the universe remains unchanged if i change my mind about it.

Cramulus

by the way, I disagree with this

Humans are wiser at birth than after fully  educated – for  they  are  taught negativistic anti-life ONEism that does not exist in a world of false duality like Earth.

It devastates Life's pulsating antipodes.

Human metamorphosis has 4 life stages: Only the baby is created, the other 3 evolve life.

Without instituting the TimeCube 4 day principle on Earth, 4 races are doomed to the coming ONEness of hell on Earth.

God is ONEism. His pair supports gay wango tango dancing and mutilation of cat penises.

Don't  forget,  you are ONEist  retarded, 1 perspective voids your opposite rationale.

Cain

Cram's argument has merit, and a logic that is hard to deny.

rong

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 29, 2011, 12:22:12 AM
Im right in that the universe remains unchanged if i change my mind about it.

I think, technically, the opposite is true. The universe is different now than when you made that post, no matter how hard you try not to change your mind, the universe will keep changing.

Nephew Twiddleton

If facts changed because our beliefs did scientific discovery would be impossible. The heliocentric model was observed -by the ancient greeks mind you- not invented.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on October 29, 2011, 12:28:52 AM
by the way, I disagree with this

Humans are wiser at birth than after fully  educated – for  they  are  taught negativistic anti-life ONEism that does not exist in a world of false duality like Earth.

It devastates Life's pulsating antipodes.

Human metamorphosis has 4 life stages: Only the baby is created, the other 3 evolve life.

Without instituting the TimeCube 4 day principle on Earth, 4 races are doomed to the coming ONEness of hell on Earth.

God is ONEism. His pair supports gay wango tango dancing and mutilation of cat penises.

Don't  forget,  you are ONEist  retarded, 1 perspective voids your opposite rationale.

:asplode:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 28, 2011, 11:42:12 PM
Eh. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it it does actually make a sound.

Where's your observational data?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2011, 05:34:30 AM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 28, 2011, 11:42:12 PM
Eh. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it it does actually make a sound.

Where's your observational data?

Dok Howl stole it, and used it to create an abomination he called "The Super Happy Fun Time Uterus Collider".

We lost three noobs to it in one day, but he insisted it was going to revolutionise the way we thought about sexual reproduction and that the bloodstains were unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

We.... We don't really like to talk about it.

Rumckle

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 28, 2011, 07:20:11 PM
In his model, the solar system is traveling parallel to the direction of its axis of revolution. Is that even right?

I'm not buying any of this!

Well, I'm not certain about the plane of the solar system relative to the plane of the galaxy, but I do know that the sun is both rotating around the galaxy and moving up and down in the plane of the galaxy. So you will probably not get a helix if you take both into account. The other thing is, can we take into account the motion of the galaxy itself? It is hard to get a reference system outside the galaxy, but we do know that the Milky Way and Andromeda are heading towards each other.

Also, he incorrectly states that the Coriolis effect makes water run down plug holes different ways in different hemispheres. Maybe it was just a brain fart, but it is hard to take him seriously when he messes up a simple physical principle like that.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Rumckle

Quote from: Telarus on October 28, 2011, 12:34:03 PM
I also think the idea that spacetime "twists" as it "curves" to be very appealing.

That's been measured in respect to earth's gravity, I believe.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.