News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Oreo Truffles

Started by Luna, December 16, 2011, 02:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

You will need

1/3 cup crème de menthe
One box of thin mints crushed, or enough to fill the bottom of a 9X11 freezable dish.
½ gallon of your favorite vanilla ice cream, or get freeky, try chocolate chip or add your own chocolate chips.
Chocolate chips or a crumbled candy bar or (and this one is great) that chocolate syrup that gets hard when it's poured on cold ice cream.

Put crumbled thin mints in the bottom of your dish and microwave or put in the oven just long enough for the chocolate to melt a bit and create a solid bottom.  Put in freezer for at least half an hour or longer.

Mix ice cream and crème de menthe in a food processor until smooth and minty green throughout.

Layer half this mixture onto the thin mint crust.

Sprinkle chocolate (whichever you use) or pour on crackle, cover with remaining ice cream and smooth with a spatula.

Now you can do anything with the top.  I sometimes dot it out with whole thin mints, or I sprinkle chocolate chips, however, the crackle stuff on top looks cool and makes it "different"

Put in freezer until firm.  Cut, serve, share or be like me and eat half before any of your guests make it over.  :lulz:

Luna

I will try this, next girl scout season!
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Luna on December 16, 2011, 09:17:25 PM

You can actually use any mint cookie, the reason why I like the thin mints best is because they have just enough chocolate to melt and make a solid crust.  If you use other mint cookies, add a few chocolate chips, heat then spread out and let cool till hard.

Luna

Quote from: Khara on December 16, 2011, 10:34:50 PM
Quote from: Luna on December 16, 2011, 09:17:25 PM

You can actually use any mint cookie, the reason why I like the thin mints best is because they have just enough chocolate to melt and make a solid crust.  If you use other mint cookies, add a few chocolate chips, heat then spread out and let cool till hard.

Awesome, thanks!

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

East Coast Hustle

I am working on a batch of oreo truffles right the fuck now.

I think the hardest part is going to be leaving some for the rest of the crew.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 17, 2011, 03:20:42 AM
I am working on a batch of oreo truffles right the fuck now.

I think the hardest part is going to be leaving some for the rest of the crew.

Yeah, that's a bitch.

East Coast Hustle

They're done and they turned out awesome.

One question, though...

It feels like it shouldn't have taken an hour and a half to coat 48 little balls in melted chocolate. Do you have a trick or a technique that makes that easier and faster?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 17, 2011, 05:48:52 AM
They're done and they turned out awesome.

One question, though...

It feels like it shouldn't have taken an hour and a half to coat 48 little balls in melted chocolate. Do you have a trick or a technique that makes that easier and faster?

I just dunked 'em, rolled 'em around with a spoon,  and didn't worry about pretty.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I want to make truffles. I've been wanting to make them.
With pistachios and chilies.

Suu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on December 18, 2011, 04:49:18 PM
I want to make truffles. I've been wanting to make them.
With pistachios and chilies.

DO IT.

JAMIE AND I WILL EAT THEM.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

I made these yesterday. What occurred was a Goddamn shark like feeding frenzy.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: Suu on December 25, 2011, 06:04:56 AM
I made these yesterday. What occurred was a Goddamn shark like feeding frenzy.

You had seen what happens.  Any damage to persons, property, or livestock is not my fault.

Suu

Being able to offer people my balls alone made it worth it...but holy hell.

Oh, and my mom and I did it a little different. 3 cups of crumbs was too much, so what we did was after we mixed it in the cream cheese was roll them in MORE crumbs, then dunked in the melted chocolate, then MOAR CRUMBS.

The kitchen was a mess.  :lulz:

Suu

MOM JUST MADE A DOUBLE BATCH OF BALLS.

GODDAMNIT, LUNA, WE'VE CREATED A MONSTER.

Luna

Quote from: Suu on December 30, 2011, 07:12:27 PM
MOM JUST MADE A DOUBLE BATCH OF BALLS.

GODDAMNIT, LUNA, WE'VE CREATED A MONSTER.

Yeah, I worried that setting this one loose in the wild could be bad, but, SCIENCE!

ECH, did you come up with a better way to do the chocolate?