News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

OK fuckers, which one of you do I need to slap for this?

Started by East Coast Hustle, January 11, 2012, 09:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Iron-Prison-Escapees/227695500592785

It's bad enough that the name of the page is completely at odds with the actual BIP metaphor, but it's just flax and fnords all the way down.  :argh!:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

You know how back in the day, we used to use the term "Myspace Discordians"?

Well, they all got Facebook accounts.

East Coast Hustle

I know, I actually literally wanted to know who specifically I need to verbally bitch-slap for this though.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

I suspect someone here, from long ago, who got butthurt after declaring they had transcended their BIP and then getting mocked for it.

Captain Utopia, IIRC, did something like that once, but I like to think he could do better than this.  Jackelope, too, had issues with the BIP that I remember.  Apart from that, I'll send a PM.

navkat

Tempted to wall-post pics of Real Life Escapees. There are plenty of them on the webbernet, just google image search: "self-inflicted gunshot wound."

East Coast Hustle

Do it.

I think PD should make a show of force on that page.

LMNO

Cramulus

:lulz: got no idea who made this

Though a point I want to raise: if it's not somebody that posts here, it may just be a random spag for whom this work was meaningful. Either way, we do nothing for the BIP if we attack this output-point. Improving, making it into something that better represents the BIP would be much better.

navkat

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 11, 2012, 01:48:56 PM
Do it.

I think PD should make a show of force on that page.

I did a couple. I don't see them showing on the wall but they're in the photos.

I'm on a smartphone, though.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2012, 09:43:44 AM
You know how back in the day, we used to use the term "Myspace Discordians"?

Well, they all got Facebook accounts.

Yeah, a lot of those spags migrated. The signal:noise ratio in a lot of those groups is abysmally low.

BUT
in that mix ----and mind you, it's a BIG mix, there are a LOT of Discordians on facebook---- there are some pretty solid cats, and there are a lot of newcomers who have only had time to flip through the PD and are thirsty for more.

So it's definitely not worth discounting, if we want our ideas to have any longevity. And I suspect there may be a bunch of people there that would really like it here.

East Coast Hustle

Last I checked, 14 people had liked the BIP escapees page.

13 of them are rabid pinealists of the most irritating variety, to whom the answer to nearly every question is "5 pounds of flax" or "consult your pineal gland".

The other one is me, since I had to like the page to post there.

navkat

if they're going to use the memes, they should be taught what they mean.

Recruitment strategy imo.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 11, 2012, 02:50:34 PM
Last I checked, 14 people had liked the BIP escapees page.

13 of them are rabid pinealists of the most irritating variety, to whom the answer to nearly every question is "5 pounds of flax" or "consult your pineal gland".

The other one is me, since I had to like the page to post there.

Why would you subject yourself to that sort of thing?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

I couldn't let it slide, Roger. I saw the words "Black Iron Prison Escapees" and everything went a strange shade of red for a few seconds.

I did actually attempt to start a dialogue with the guy who started the page, though. Just a few minutes ago. I explained why the BIP is inescapable and told him we'd love to have him and some of the other people on the page come by the forums for some discussion.

Worst case scenario is we get either no response or a few new yahoos to chew on. And who knows? you never know where you'll find that diamond in the rough.

Cramulus