[Feel free to ignore] unlimited navkat rave/music thread

Started by navkat, January 16, 2012, 08:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DECI4

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 24, 2012, 12:24:45 PM
And don't burden your conscience with the fact that you, as a consumer of cocaine, are directly responsible for the deaths of Mexicans. I mean, not only are they in another country but they're not even white, so it's not like you're killing REAL people, right?

Americas war on drugs are responsible for the deaths of Mexicans. Apply your humorously naive logic to some other things Americans, and perhaps even you consume and you might not be so self-righteous after all.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: DECI4 on January 24, 2012, 09:04:35 PM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 24, 2012, 12:22:49 PM
Oh, and that stuff you snort in Seattle? That's barely cocaine at all. But hey, enjoy your Levamisol!

As if the levimisol cut is confined to Seattle.  :roll: Also I find the subtle flavoring it imparts to be quite pleasant.

Of course not. It's just that in other places, they cut cocaine with levamisol. In Seattle they cut baby laxative with levamisol and call it cocaine. And then the asshole hipsters and the bros from the suburbs pretend they're high and talk shit about the white trash tweekers as though there were a difference.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: DECI4 on January 24, 2012, 09:08:47 PM
And don't burden your conscience with the fact that you, as a consumer of cocaine, are directly responsible for the deaths of Mexicans. I mean, not only are they in another country but they're not even white, so it's not like you're killing REAL people, right?

Americas war on drugs are responsible for the deaths of Mexicans. Apply your humorously naive logic to some other things Americans, and perhaps even you consume and you might not be so self-righteous after all.

Awesome point, bro.

you know, if I was in America.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

DECI4

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 24, 2012, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: DECI4 on January 24, 2012, 09:08:47 PM

Awesome point, bro.

you know, if I was in America.

Where you at bro?
And I'm known as such

You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
So move out of your seat

DECI4

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 24, 2012, 11:11:13 PM
Quote from: DECI4 on January 24, 2012, 09:04:35 PM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 24, 2012, 12:22:49 PM
Oh, and that stuff you snort in Seattle? That's barely cocaine at all. But hey, enjoy your Levamisol!

As if the levimisol cut is confined to Seattle.  :roll: Also I find the subtle flavoring it imparts to be quite pleasant.

Of course not. It's just that in other places, they cut cocaine with levamisol. In Seattle they cut baby laxative with levamisol and call it cocaine. And then the asshole hipsters and the bros from the suburbs pretend they're high and talk shit about the white trash tweekers as though there were a difference.

I know Seattle is a small town in the grand scheme of things but its pretty unlikely that I would know your friends.
And I'm known as such

So move out of your seat

East Coast Hustle

It's reasonably likely that we know some people in common, but I've honestly only ever liked one person I've met from that particular island.

And, sadly, he turned into a tweeker.

navkat

Dude, that's that flesh-eating shit, right?

Tinfoil hat time: every so often, something in me goes "would The Government or some other authoritative body put shit in the drugs on purpose to achieve some diabolical, malevolent end" and then I realize: "Silly girl! You don't have to imagine some crazy conspiracy! People are already putting shit in the drugs for profit!"

AFK

There is a documented case of a woman contracting flesh-eating bacteria from injecting "bath salts".  Which is really weird because most people who are using "bath salts" are snorting or smoking them, not injecting them. 

But that stuff is really bad news.  Experienced junkies are going on record to say it is bad shit that everyone should stay far the fuck away from. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on January 25, 2012, 03:14:24 PM

Tinfoil hat time: every so often, something in me goes "would The Government or some other authoritative body put shit in the drugs on purpose to achieve some diabolical, malevolent end" and then I realize: "Silly girl! You don't have to imagine some crazy conspiracy! People are already putting shit in the drugs for profit!"

Profit is already pretty much the only conspiracy you need.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Raver "culture".  Hmm.  Manifestos.  High-minded ideas based on taking e and dancing til your knees explode.  Tribal images.

It sounds - to me - like a Pentacostal Church, only with dirty clothes.  Now, I'm not saying that people shouldn't rave...What you do to get your kicks is YOUR business, not mine.  But to elevate it to a religion of some kind, or a movement, just strikes me as more primate wiring.  Every primate needs a tribe, and sooner or later, they'll find one.

Fuck that noise.  You wanna dance?  Then just fucking dance.  There's no need to wrap it up in "revolution" or anything like that.  That, to my mind, would cheapen the experience of just going out and having fun.  Remember fun?  It's that stuff you used to have before you started worrying so much.  And as I've said, when primates worry, they go looking for a tribe/religion/movement.

But we aren't just primates, Navkat, we're superior mutants.  We don't NEED to believe in glorious causes that don't exist.  We can just shut up and dance LIKE HELL!

This has been your daily moment of clarity.  You may now return to peeing on trees to mark your territory.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Nope, it's a cattle de-worming drug that has become the favorite cutting agent for cocaine distributors. Less noticeable in terms of flavor and appearance than other cuts, doesn't affect the burn-off temperature as much so you can fool people into thinking they're getting better coke than they actually are, and it can cause agranulocytosis, which is a horrifying and potentially fatal imune system crash.

Slurrealist

The rave was revolutionary...speaking from the musical point of view.
"You're free, and freedom is beautiful. It will take time to restore chaos...but we will..."

navkat

Quote from: Slurrealist on January 25, 2012, 05:41:33 PM

Dude, don't even get started here. It's like eating a bowl of metal spikes with a side of glass while listening to the sound of chalkboard robins screetching outside your window.

I'm glad I got to see the bits I did:  it re-booted my head for awhile and made me question things a little more closely instead of being happy to accept what society had chosen for me. Maybe it was just a vehicle for that which I was always capable but I'm glad it was there.

Also: people need people.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Slurrealist on January 25, 2012, 05:41:33 PM

Please explain how raves were revolutionary in a musical sense.

I mean, given that the music at raves is all stuff that has already been recorded elsewhere. And given that mixing/scratching/turntablism were already well-established in the hip-hop scene. Raves not only brought nothing new to the table, musically speaking, but their entire existence is predicated on the music being predictable.

ETA: And there's nothing wrong with that, but it's the exact opposite of revolutionary.

minuspace

I remember reading a shipment of cola to France once got infected w staph...  It actually started eating-off people's faces...  :eek: