News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Attn: lmno, rong and probably others

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, January 20, 2012, 12:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

WAIT. I MEAN SOMEWHERE IN TIME SINCE THAT CAME FIRST AND ALSO HAD SYNTH.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 21, 2012, 12:48:57 AM
Looks like ill start experimenting with synth at some point :)

Yeah but you can also config the sliders/knobs to modulate volume, effect or EQ/filter settings with in postprocessing.

But of course I'm all for cheesy 80s synth rock.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 21, 2012, 12:28:21 AM
Ill give it a test run :)

actually this leads me to something else. Ive never tried any sort of synth stuff. Obviously its all guitar based and bass based. But what would i need for synth? I have a keyboard but im not sure how to do anything with midi or anything. Would i need any extra equipment or could i manage with a program that had a virtual keyboard?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. 

If you have a stand alone (external) synth, you can line in as you would a guitar.  If you want to program the computer to play the synth, you'll need a MIDI to USB connector, and a program that lets you generate MIDI information to feed the synth.  I don't know if Audacity has that. 

If your music program has a built-in or plug-in synth, you should be able to do everything internally if you just want to step record (step record = not playing in real time. Depending on the program, you can use a mouse to choose what note to play and when to play it).  MIDI instruments are good for getting a more real-time, "human" feel but if you can't play the thing, it's easier to just step record. 

For the record, just about everything in the Spider Project is step recorded synth, minus the guitar and vocals.