News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Rev Roger: Adventures in the mirror; more screwheads.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 27, 2004, 03:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trollax.That's right, I banned roger, not just because he was annoying me. But because he was annoying a lot of other people, and bragging about it. It only turned out looking bad for me because I reacted so strongly and that's what I'm ashamed of, I played right into your hands, by foaming at the mouth all the time and letting my anger make descisions for me. You want to be pissed at me because I warned you Roger? Then why not take it out on me instead of spraying it all over someone else's forum. What do you do when the cops arrest you for defacing someone else's building? Call them fascists for doing their job when you're the one breaking the law?

Trollax Kinora, the wandering discordian.

1.  I don't get caught.

2.  The fact that you don't see the humor in this implies that you really AREN'T much of a Discordian, Trollax.  A Bachanalian, perhaps, but not a Discordian.  What, you think we stick TOGETHER, and never give each other a poke, just to see what happens?

3.  You knew I was poison when you picked me up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: EfrimAll this objective non-side taking is enough to make me sick. I'm firmly on my own side. It happens to align with Roger this time.

Hehe...That's what you ALWAYS say, right before I have to run from the cops.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Efrim

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: EfrimAll this objective non-side taking is enough to make me sick. I'm firmly on my own side. It happens to align with Roger this time.

Hehe...That's what you ALWAYS say, right before I have to run from the cops.

Psh, don't get angry at me just cause I'm smart enough to walk away 10 minutes before it becomes neccesary to run away.

Rev Roger rarely knows when to quit.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

Efrim

Quote from: Trollax.That's right, I banned roger, not just because he was annoying me. But because he was annoying a lot of other people, and bragging about it. It only turned out looking bad for me because I reacted so strongly and that's what I'm ashamed of, I played right into your hands, by foaming at the mouth all the time and letting my anger make descisions for me. You want to be pissed at me because I warned you Roger? Then why not take it out on me instead of spraying it all over someone else's forum. What do you do when the cops arrest you for defacing someone else's building? Call them fascists for doing their job when you're the one breaking the law? Whether or not justice is served by your actions you're still doing the wrong thing, just because it's the right thing doesn't mean you're gonna get away with it.
If you want to keep sending the trolls over, then you can, I won't be the one moderating anymore so don't blame me if anyone else gets banned. I lay myself at the feet of this angry mob, you can have my beaten and bruised carcas to flog and dance around for this evening's festivities, because the free market demands I be labelled a traitor and brought low for the crime of being human, I never claimed to be anything else. But I'm sure that is lost on all of you here, after all, whatever I say is just an attempt to save my skin and unless I admit that the whole thing is my fault from the creation of the universe to the death of every little kitten it means nothing. I've apologised for more than enough.
Just remeber, vengeance is ashes, and until we change who we are, what we do will never change.

Trollax Kinora, the wandering discordian.

You Won't have Trollax to kick around anymore! Dischord has triumphed over fascism. Huzzah!

Trollax, Roger and I still want our 40 acres and a mule.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

Efrim

Quote from: BellaI'm a member of Hugh's Purple Monkey Cabal, so I hear from him from time to time.
He was traveling for a while, but now he's home again.
He'll be back once he takes care of some mundane stuff, like changing his residence, etc.

As for what he would think about the jihaad and subsequent hijacking, I refer you to the first thread in Golden Apple Hall sub forum, where Hugh invites anyone who wishes to discuss discordianism to post there.

And here's one of the last posts Hugh made on the mirror before he left.
He was referring to the fact that Discordian writings were restricted to that particular forum.

Quote from: TriskellIt's convenient that all the Discordian stuff and chaoist revelations get to be stuffed here so that people can think they can avoid it.

Well, true to the principles of the Discordian Jihaad, that's about to change.

You thought you could avoid us....?

Hah, suckers!"
So my guess is he won't mind at all, Efrim. :twisted:

Yeah, I figured as much. Hugh is a rebel without a pause.

L,
Efrim

EraPassing

Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: EraPassingOooh, it's a martyr now.

Don't cry for me, principia,
for the truth is, I never liked you.
all through my moaning,
my sad existence,
I kept my post count up,
now keep your distance.

Apologies to Evita

SMFabal

Cross posted to http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3175&highlight=
Quote from: SMFabalLadies and Gentlemen of Discordia,

I regret I have been so long absent from my duties at Fingerprints on the Mirror (hereafter "the Mirror"). I further regret that I will not be able to make any decisions regarding the final disposition of the Mirror for several months. I wiil be attempting to contact those running the Mirror, but for now I am abiding by their decisions. I myself suffered from the illusion of power when I was made a Mod here; I hope that upon reflection, those who are running the mirror will either relax their attitudes or make their rules clear in a clear and polite manner. Otherwise, I will be forced to activate the "my house, my rules" clause in the unwritten contract I made for the hosting of the Forums.

If I find that many of those I know and repect are no longer comfortable in the Mirror's environment, I will be forced to take full control of the Mirror, and may be forced to close it.

Rest assured that if I am forced to close the Mirror, I will forst archive all current data, so that some other poor soul can reopen it elsewhere, where I don't have to deal with it.

And hey everybody, sometimes you just need a little vacation! Just say so, and take a break 8)
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

East Coast Hustle

*ahem*

the NSRA does not take kindly to copyright infringement. Please cease and desist all use of the Turd tm smiley, or face the wrath of the NSRA's intellectual property division. Believe me, they are FAR more scary than our military units....

8) [/b]
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

fluffy

illusion

Absolutely.
I just didn't  know where it was going to come from.

East Coast Hustle

*promptly sends a crack team of lawyers, accountants, paralegals, and officious clerks to the rabbit hole*

*throws in a few insurance salesmen for good measure*

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

fluffy

Bella

Quote from: fluffyhave fun in wonderland, suckers
No thanks, I'd rather go through the door with Coraline, than through the mirror with Alice.
Always wanted a mother with buttons for eyes.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: fluffyhave fun in wonderland, suckers

yeah, well....it was either send 'em your way or have them hanging around here annoying me with their incessant prattle....

8)