News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

PEPSI IS MURDER!!!1!

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, March 19, 2012, 09:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

"Shareholders of PepsiCo have filed a resolution with the Securities and Exchange Commission in an effort to force the company to stop contracting with a research firm that uses cells from aborted babies in its process of producing artificial flavor enhancers. " :lulz:

What's even more LAIL is that other than Pepsi denying this, I can't find any sites debunking it.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

MMIX

QuoteForbes 1/27/2012 @ 11:15AM
Biotech's Fear Factor

So did you hear the one about the fetal tissue in your soda?
Oklahoma State Senator Ralph Shortey is being widely mocked for a bill to ban the use of human embryonic tissue in the production or research of food. Or, in the language of the bill:

No person or entity shall manufacture or knowingly sell food or any other product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses in the ingredients or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients.

I think this bill is anti-medicine, anti-biotech, and anti-business, but I also think that Shortey has a point, and that his effort highlights a deep divide in the way people understand and feel about science that no amount of mocking on Twitter or Andy-Kaufman-esque stunt articles on Gawker will change.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2012/01/27/fetal-cells-in-soda-not-quite-the-discomfort-behind-the-controversy/

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I'm all for biotech.

But if the chemicals in Pepsi are so horrible that they have to use a cell culture to test them then I don't really want to drink it.  :horrormirth: I've been seeing articles that say the caramel color in Coke is giving people cancer, too. AFAIC, it would be better if they went back to the recipe they were using forty or fifty years ago. ALL soda started tasting like crap in the 80's.

This fetal cell thing could be exploited for LAIL somehow, though.  :lulz:

Cain

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on March 19, 2012, 05:52:58 PM
I'm all for biotech.

But if the chemicals in Pepsi are so horrible that they have to use a cell culture to test them then I don't really want to drink it.  :horrormirth: I've been seeing articles that say the caramel color in Coke is giving people cancer, too. AFAIC, it would be better if they went back to the recipe they were using forty or fifty years ago. ALL soda started tasting like crap in the 80's.

You mean cocaine?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on March 19, 2012, 06:09:06 PM
I'm all for biotech.

You mean cocaine?

There were still trace amounts then? Hell, take it back 100 years to when there was enough to have an effect. Because I want to see the Tweaking-obese-people-on-scooters WalMart destruction derby :lol:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on March 19, 2012, 06:31:06 PM
I'm all for biotech.

You mean cocaine?

There were still trace amounts then? Hell, take it back 100 years to when there was enough to have an effect. Because I want to see the Tweaking-obese-people-on-scooters WalMart destruction derby :lol:

They used unspent coke leaves in Coke and Pepsi back in the day. Why do you think they have to add to so much crap like caffeine to it now? Or rather, why do you think they started adding other things to the recipe?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 19, 2012, 08:00:31 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on March 19, 2012, 06:31:06 PM
I'm all for biotech.

You mean cocaine?

They used unspent coke leaves in Coke and Pepsi back in the day. Why do you think they have to add to so much crap like caffeine to it now? Or rather, why do you think they started adding other things to the recipe?

That plus whatever is cheaper for them. Like HFCS substituting for sugar.

minuspace

Plus the import  of caffeine on the peripheral nervous system is greater than cocaine's...   More Vascular damage and such over time?  (just speculating)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on March 19, 2012, 08:28:39 PM
Plus the import  of caffeine on the peripheral nervous system is greater than cocaine's...   More r damage and such over time?  (just speculating)

What the fuck are you jabbering about?
Molon Lube

minuspace

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2012, 08:29:06 PM
Plus the import  of caffeine on the peripheral nervous system is greater than cocaine's...   More r damage and such over time?  (just speculating)

PNS vs. CNS stimulation

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on March 19, 2012, 08:29:54 PM

PNS vs. CNS stimulation

I am reasonably certain that you are full of shit.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2012, 08:32:17 PM

PNS vs. CNS stimulation

I would advise a taste test

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on March 19, 2012, 08:36:41 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2012, 08:32:17 PM

PNS vs. CNS stimulation

I would advise a taste test

I would advise that you kiss my ass.

But well done, you have slain yet another topic.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Caffeine is beneficial to humans. It even reduces your risk of suicide.

-twid
work mode
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS