News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

The Secret Histories.

Started by Doktor Howl, May 25, 2012, 02:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 02, 2012, 06:18:19 PM
Luna's one was pretty enjoyable as well, would have been perfect if she managed to fit in a Happy birthday, Mr President reference in there somewhere :)

I did think about it, but it seemed a little obvious.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Luna on June 02, 2012, 07:25:13 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on June 02, 2012, 06:18:19 PM
Luna's one was pretty enjoyable as well, would have been perfect if she managed to fit in a Happy birthday, Mr President reference in there somewhere :)

I did think about it, but it seemed a little obvious.

Understood, as I wrote that I figured the same
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

tyrannosaurus vex

"Shoot himself? Couldn't we have a team of commandos do it or something?"

"No. We thought of that. The press knows we don't have the ability to do that. They'd wouldn't buy it for long. Besides, doing it this way serves our purposes in the long term." Mac leaned back in his chair, sipping a martini. He was trying to look like he had this all figured out, but the way his eyes stared into his drink looking for a distraction, it was clear he was as nervous as Harry was.

Harry, who sat behind a desk that suddenly seemed too big for his job, shuffling meaningless paper reports, paused a minute to think. "Maybe, Mac," he retorted slowly, "Maybe it 'serves our purposes,' but it's just too God damn unbelievable. The press may not believe it was Special Ops, but I can't even pretend to believe suicide. And I'm the one who has to sell it."

Mac rose, cleared his throat and set his drink down on a table. "Harry, look. I understand your objection, but this is over your head. Hell, it's over my head. We don't have a choice. The mission is already underway, and we can't risk radio contact with Kal for at least two weeks and by that time the story will have broken. Now, I have my orders and you have yours." Mac straightened his posture and assumed his usual authoritarian tone. "Is that understood, Mr. Truman?"

Harry realized his protests wouldn't get anywhere. He looked up at Mac and only nodded his agreement. Mac gave no reply - he only turned and walked back to his chair, stooped to pick up his briefcase and then walked directly to the door. As he reached out and grasped the doorknob, Harry spoke again.

"Two weeks ago, I thought the whole universe had collapsed on top of me," he said, "And two hours ago, I found out that I'm no more the center of the universe now than I was as a boy working the family farm. I suppose I owe a debt of gratitude to you, in a way, and to the Order." Harry's composure was beginning to unravel, and he stood slowly, but angrily to continue his rant.

Mac released his grip on the doorknob, and turned to Harry with an exasperated look. His eyes turned cold and impatient as he interrupted the President. "Mr. Truman, I have stalked the streets of this city much longer than you have. I appreciate your frustration, and I even sympathize. But I--we--do not have time to indulge in it. Kal is on his way to Berlin, and we can only hope he follows the plan. You only thought you were the most powerful thing in the world, Mr. Truman. Imagine the frustration of actually being the most powerful thing in the world, only to have that power snatched away by some ... some thing that is both uncontrollable and unpredictable. Kal has put both of us in the same boat, and we can't risk this kind of frustration anymore."

Harry backed down. He may not have liked the position he was in, but clearly Mac was uncomfortable as well. And anything that had the Order genuinely worried was more important than his pride, or even his sense of patriotism. "Fine, Mac, fine. You go tell the Order I'll play along." Harry dropped into his chair, and Mac walked out.

God, Harry sighed to himself, Kal had better be playing along, too. If he goes AWOL, we'll have to use the Bomb on him, and God help whoever happens to be in the wrong city if we do.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

tyrannosaurus vex

tyrannosaurus vex

my apologies for killing this fread, guise.

LMNO

I don't think you killed it, v3x.  It's still simmering... I think I have one or two more, but I don't want to force it.

EK WAFFLR

Didn't kill it at all. If I can manage to get it out on paper properly I have one.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

EK WAFFLR

"Are you serious? Do you want me to take over as the head of this country when they invade? Surely you are kidding, your Majesty."

"Not at all, my friend. Someone has to do it, and I'm afraid the finger points at you. The world may hate you for ever, but we who know will remember you as one who gave it all for his King."

"Do you have any idea of the repercussions this will have for my family? For my name? You must be insane, your majesty!"

"Now, now. I understand your fear and anger, but you already know that the invasion must happen, and you know that the person to handle everything while I and the rest of the sitting Government sails to England. All in all it is a small sacrifice to make.
Now start the procedure, Mr. Q."
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on June 07, 2012, 03:19:05 AM
my apologies for killing this fread, guise.

Killing it?

Not at all.  It was supposed to be about historical characters, but yours was pretty cool.  I'm not done; I just haven't finished percolating the story in my head.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Not dead.

Just too busy to polish off my drafted piece.

LMNO

The candles were lit.  Mercury glinted dimly in the light, a pool of silvery liquid framed by the rim of a dark marble bowl.  His hands trembled faintly as they held a piece of chalk.  He drew a rough circle around his kneeling form, and then began tracing odd, intricate symbols directly in front of him.  This is the West, he thought.  Let the Western Lands show me.

The air around the circle seemed to shimmer, and then burst into flame.  He felt no heat, but a great roaring shriek filled his ears.  With a cry, he clapped his hands over his ears, but the horrible noise continued, boring into his head.  After what seemed like an eternity, something spoke, a voice like something without a mouth. 

"-who wakes the one who waits-"

He was frozen in place. "My... My name is..."

"-you return- -would you wake- -give reason-"

"The future!  I want to know more!"

"-one hundred years- -and then we rise-"

The air exploded into light.  The rough stone floor fell away.  He felt himself being hurled into nothingness.  He squeezed his eyes shut tightly, and muttered what he had been told were the right words.  The incessant roaring faded.  With some trepidation, he opened his eyes.

A blazing sun pierced his eyes.  Squinting, he could make out massive, glinting objects in the distance, unnatural tapering pillars, like needles of the Gods.  He stood there, staring at these metallic monstrosities, and realization struck him like a boxer's right cross.

Space Cannon. 

Terror filled his heart.  Could they have really been that foolish? he asked himself.  To pierce the heavens, cracking the sky... Have they not read the ancient books?  Did they not understand what they are doing? 

He sank to his knees as the familiar roaring returned, now distant, flames belching from the base of the pillars.  He closed his eyes again, trying to shut out the truth creeping down his spine, clenching his bowels. 

This is the price.  Freeing the One who Waits.  This is my doing.  In my quest for knowledge, I have unleashed Hell onto this earth.  It will not let me forget this; It will force me to write about this.  I cannot withdraw.  My writing will inspire the world, and they will release the One who Waits behind the Wall.  And we will be doomed.

Alone, kneeling, Jules Verne wept.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Homeless man arrested by secret service.

Early this morning, a local homeless man was arrested by the Secret Service for a variety of charges.  His name was released as one J. Norton.  Norton has been known among San Francisco locals for several years.  He has frequently professed himself "Emperor" of the united States of America, and makes a habit of exchanging his own handwritten bank notes in exchange for loose change.  This activity attracted the attention of the Secret Service, who made the arrest on charges of forgery, attempting to subvert of devalue government issued currency.  Mr. Norton is being held in police custody pending psychiatric evaluation.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN's medical correspondent, has remarked that Mr. Norton will likely be found unfit to face charges for reason of insanity.

"We're looking at an individual with delusion of grandeur who is habitually vagrant.  Both symptoms of schizophrenia."

Local attitude of Mr. Norton considered him a harmless eccentric.

"He's just part of the local color." Remarked one resident who asked not to be named.  "I don't know why they're arresting him, he's harmless."

"He's very civic – minded," Another local mentioned "policy on local living, business, projects, schools... You name it he'll hold a civil discussion about it.  Too bad they'll never elect a vagrant, he'd do better than half the city council, and not wind up in anyone's pocket in the process."

Among Mr. Norton's proposals, filed with independent newspapers and local government call for de-centralized power generation from windmills, and the banning of 18 wheeler trucks from a 10 mile radius centered on downtown, shipping within city bounds to be handled by locally owned transport companies.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

And then Richter made a sad.