News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Why DID the chicken cross the road?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 15, 2012, 02:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

It was not merely that the chicken crossed the road, Watson, but that the three Russian midgets and the Italian oboe player did not also cross.
- Sherlock Holmes

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

She was a victim of the Illuminati One World conspiracy.
- Rev. Pat Robertson

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

This chicken story seems merely more gaga New Age silliness at first, but may contain something more sinister. No reputable scientists has ever reported a chicken crossing a road. Alleged "close encounters" with such chickens are claimed by ignorant and suggestible people only. Farmers queried all report large fences around their hen-yards, to prevent chickens from escaping. One recalls similar mass delusions in Nazi Germany before Hitler.
- Martin Gardner.

The Good Reverend Roger

She was brainwashed by the liberal feminazi media.
- Rush Limbaugh

The Good Reverend Roger

To die.  In the rain.
- Ernest Hemingway

Placid Dingo

Chicken! Godamn! Big! Big fucking birds, hundreds of them, all goddamn demon eyes, black oil glistening their wicked bladed feathers! There's no way to pass these goddamn fuckers, not without the right kind of artiliary! Jesus, we're doomed; we're all fucking doomed!
-HST
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And the chicken should consider every road lost on which she has not crossed over at least once. And the chicken should call every road false which was not accompanied by at least one crossing.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

While their is nothkng inherently advantageous in theposition of one side of the road over the other, owing to their equal strategic assets, the chicken by the act of crossing impresses upon his peers his own willingness go cross roads, and perhaps them, in ghe future.  This will give them pause before they move against him.
-n. Machiavelli

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Because death was his navigator.
- William Burroughs

Freeky

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 04:45:07 PM
And the chicken should consider every road lost on which she has not crossed over at least once. And the chicken should call every road false which was not accompanied by at least one crossing.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS CRAP? :crankey:

Freeky

Because she was looking for her daddy.
-Sylvia Plath.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A chicken always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.
-J.P. Morgan
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

As seen in my 12 volume graphic novel work, it can most concisely be described as "The Chicken learns one must either cross the road, or die, and makes his choice"
-Neil Gaiman

The Good Reverend Roger

The Free Market demanded it.
- Adam Smith