News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

ITT we post pictures of our dogs

Started by P3nT4gR4m, August 26, 2012, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Monk

I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

A turkey dog, good sir, on a tortilla.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

St. Guinefort (kind of like Gelert)
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1759299/posts

Now I want to do some kind of dog shrine troll... :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 28, 2012, 10:26:11 PM
Yes, but is it an Indigo Pet?

Well, we must apply the Indigo Pet test. First of all, let's examine the alleged diagnostics of 'Indigo Children'. (Below is from Wikipedia)

Descriptions of indigo children include:

the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong-willed, independent, and often perceived by friends and family as being strange;
    possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose;
    exhibit a strong innate sub-conscious spirituality from early childhood (which, however, does not necessarily imply a direct interest in spiritual or religious areas);
    a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here."

Other alleged traits include:[8][10]

a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability; and
    resistance to rigid, control-based paradigms of authority.

First of all - 'independent, strong-willed, curious and strange'. Well, she's a beagle. As I've learned from owning a beagle mix, much of what Charles Schultz attributed to Snoopy in the Peanuts cartoon is based on FACT. Sleeping on the back, leaping from high places (especially in ambush), the stealing of blankets etc...all of this is true.

As for a 'clear sense of definition and purpose'? She's a beagle.  If you want to see clear definition and purpose, take Ellie outside and wait till she finds an 'interesting' smell. Or a cat.

Strong subconscious spirituality? Uh...pass.

Feeling of entitlement? Abso-fucking-lutely. Ellie doesn't just bring you a toy, she presses it into your leg to make sure that you are aware of her presence, whether you want to or not. She lays under the dining table and the moment you're done eating she grumbles and moans so that everyone shuts up and puts the plates in the dishwasher asap. She insists on sitting on one end of the loveseat which means whoever is there has to move. Ellie curls up with me to watch tv most evenings though, sometimes she lays on the floor or does something else unless Mrs Mang wants to sit with me, in which case she leaps onto us and vigorously wedges herself between us. So yeah, I'd say she is 'entitled'.

Resistance to rigid, control-based paradigms of authority. Again...she's a beagle. We did training classes with her at PetSmart. Turns out that simple techniques that work on other dogs, don't work on fricking BEAGLES....lol...(When puppies nip you, you're supposed to let out a high pitch yelp. For many dogs, this makes them go 'oh shit, sorry' and they back off. Turns out that when you do that with a beagle, it makes them go 'HELLZ YEAH!' and do it even more. Learned that the hard way when, as a puppy, she made a flying bite attack at my face. It was at that point I discovered that this, so far, has been the only practical use of my martial art training - being able to suddenly guard my head....)

That's 3/4 of the criteria. I'd say she's 75% indigo.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Anna Mae Bollocks

High pitched noises probably remind Beagles of rabbits. :lol: It sounds like horrendously bum advice generally, kind of like screaming at displays of aggression.

I don't have anything to offer as an alternative, though, except to block as best you can and wait, they outgrow it.

Suu

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 29, 2012, 03:45:46 AM
I wanted one of those big boned shepherds like that since I was five. :D

My mom was raised with German Shepherds. They do pretty much what Muggsy does in those pictures. If you train them right they are extremely mild mannered and excellent family dogs.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Suu on September 01, 2012, 01:02:09 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 29, 2012, 03:45:46 AM
I wanted one of those big boned shepherds like that since I was five. :D

My mom was raised with German Shepherds. They do pretty much what Muggsy does in those pictures. If you train them right they are extremely mild mannered and excellent family dogs.

Enabling ITT.  :lol:

MMIX

These are my lurchers, they are all rescue dogs. Ruth (white) and Alf (yellow) are from Galway in Ireland and Nipper (the smooth coat in the middle with the Staffy grin) was dumped just up the road from us. 

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

MMIX

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 02, 2012, 01:12:39 AM
Aww, they're adorable!

Yes, yes they are. When you drag that much dirt into the house twice a day you damn well better be cuter than cute  :wink:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Anna Mae Bollocks

Great pics. There's something kind of timeless about lurchers.  :)

MMIX

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 02, 2012, 02:21:09 AM
Great pics. There's something kind of timeless about lurchers.  :)

Yeah I was thinking about that when I followed your St. Guinefort link
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1759299/posts

Thanks for the link, btw, I hadn't come across that material before but it makes so much sense.

And the pics of St Guinefort are so cool

there's a couple more here http://marikm22.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/cult-of-st-guinefort.html

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Baby girl has been on my bed since I got home:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MMIX

Awww Nina is glorious; and don't dogs have just the best bedside manner? Better than most of the doctors I've ever met. And they can make you feel better just by being there.