News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Hellenistic era boat found in Acre, Israel by my professors.

Started by Suu, August 27, 2012, 05:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-akko-a-2300-year-old-naval-pier-emerges-from-the-sea/

The two folks they show in the photo are professors I had last semester who goaded/twisted my arm into joining them in Israel this coming summer as they go every year. This just makes me more excited for next year's expedition!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

What boat?  They found a naval pier and a dry dock.  No boat.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Ooooh, they changed parts of the article.

Yes, they found a boat, the email I received said boat.

Evidently, I'm not allowed to be talking about it.

This never happened.

Carry on.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Verbal Mike

Neat! Acre has some pretty awesome history, and a looooong one at that. (I take it was an important center of trade well before Hellenic times.)

So you're gonna be in Israel next year? Around when? (I'm going down there soon, probably until spring.)
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Bruno

OHMYGOD! THEY FOUND NOAH'S ARC DIDN'T THEY?

END TIMES!

END TIMES!!!
Formerly something else...

Suu

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 01, 2012, 10:39:14 PM
OHMYGOD! THEY FOUND NOAH'S ARC DIDN'T THEY?

END TIMES!

END TIMES!!!

Well yeah, why else would they want to keep it all sooper sekret?

Suu

Quote from: VERBL on September 01, 2012, 03:39:29 PM
Neat! Acre has some pretty awesome history, and a looooong one at that. (I take it was an important center of trade well before Hellenic times.)

So you're gonna be in Israel next year? Around when? (I'm going down there soon, probably until spring.)

Most likely the entire month of July.

Verbal Mike

Oy, I probably won't be there anymore, but as you're probably aware it's going to be ridiculously hot outside the whole entire time.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Suu

Quote from: VERBL on September 04, 2012, 05:09:54 PM
Oy, I probably won't be there anymore, but as you're probably aware it's going to be ridiculously hot outside the whole entire time.

Unfortunately yes. Nothing quite like going to the Middle East in the middle of the summer.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't actually understand why people live in Texas at all. They got there and said "SURE, THIS LOOKS HABITABLE!"  :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I'm thinking that I'm going to be safer in Israel than Texas, as well.

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.