News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Pæs and I are four hours into an eleven-hour bus trip...

Started by Signora Pæsior, September 28, 2012, 12:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signora Pæsior

...kill me now, PD.

It's almost midnight and no, they will not be switching off the huge fuckoff fluorescent lights. They sold one more ticket than there are seats so someone has their 9-year-old in their lap. Let me reiterate: for eleven hours. My knees are completely fucked and our next stop is about two and a half hours away.

Why didn't we just spend half our paycheck on absurdly expensive flights? We would have been there in 45 minutes.

I am so full of hate right now.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Signora Pæsior

Also.

Times when it's not okay to play your shitty-ass music without headphones: ever.

But especially fucking 2am.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signora Paesior on September 28, 2012, 03:00:38 PM
Also.

Times when it's not okay to play your shitty-ass music without headphones: ever.

"Bus."

I didn't know there was 11 hours of driving in New Zealand.  It's only 30-40 meters across.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 28, 2012, 03:04:18 PM
Also.

"Bus."

I didn't know there was 11 hours of driving in New Zealand.  It's only 30-40 meters across.

I heard that the roads are really windy.

Also,

BUS.

At least it isn't Canada.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Signora Pæsior

Also.

"Bus."

Yeah, but we're going up and down. Practically an entire island.

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 28, 2012, 03:07:20 PM
Also.

"Bus."

Also,

BUS.

"At least is isn't Canada" -- I tell myself this pretty much every day.

Cain

Frequent orc raids (read: sheep molestation sessions) slow up all travel in New Zealand.

Phox

Don't let the fat NZ redneck equivalent touch you, they are probably contagious with something.

90% of the passengers on all cross-country bus trips are fat redneck equivalents, after all, and it's easy to fall asleep and lose vigilance, but you need to persevere, otherwise you'll find yourself waking up in the Nashville bus station.

Also, bear in mind, that unless you were smart enough to realize that you should never take a bus twice on the same trip, you have the return trip to dread.

Nephew Twiddleton

I feel for you both. I once made an ill advised detour to stonehenge when i landed in the west of ireland. Note that i didnt  jump on another flight like a normal person would. At some point on the train from wales to england i started talking to welsh people. The funny thing was is there were no welsh people talking to me from the perspectives of the other passengers.

Twid
discovered the hard way you dont need drugs to trip.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Signora Paesior on September 28, 2012, 03:13:43 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 28, 2012, 03:07:20 PM
Also.

"Bus."

Also,

BUS.

"At least is isn't Canada" -- I tell myself this pretty much every day.

It's one thing that helps me get by.

hooplala

Also.

"Bus."

Also,

BUS.

:lulz:

Do you mean the size of Canada, or that people on Canadian Greyhound busses tend to end up decapitated?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on September 28, 2012, 10:28:58 PM
Also.

"Bus."

Also,

BUS.

Do you mean the size of Canada, or that people on Canadian Greyhound busses tend to end up decapitated?

Primarily the latter.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also.

"Bus."

Also,

BUS.

Also, poutine.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 28, 2012, 10:37:14 PM
Also.

"Bus."

Also,

BUS.

Also, poutine.

CANADIAN poutine. Not ECH's.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division