News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

ugh. I hate taking a final and totally drawing a blank on problems. Oh well. I know I didn't bomb it and I'm expecting at least a b in thatclass.

Juana

All my finals are next week. And also almost all on Thursday. Ai. Going to school tomorrow even though it's dead days and the library will be crammed to the gills. Think I'll find myself a cafe for next week, though. It will be horrific.

Also, yay coyote! Good luck, Nigel and Suu!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Suu

I'm reaching critical mass, here.

Cramming the history of the Varangian Guard from the 9th century to the 4th Crusade in 6 pages double spaced is no easy feat. Now I'm comparing the primary authors I used, followed by the secondary. Navyguy has told me to quit for the night and says I can bring it with me this weekend to his mom's house. The paper isn't due until Monday, but I've been chopping at it all day to get it done so I wouldn't have to worry about it all weekend, but apparently that was a bad idea. Tomorrow I have to write 2 short essays and prep rote memorization for the final I have (short answer. You pick a name and give a paragraph about the dude for 10 dudes.)

It's Friday I'm starting to panic about, because between the prospectus and the essays tomorrow, I'm running out of time to study effectively for Latin, hence why my history books were taken away from me tonight. :(

On the bright side, my tonsils are no longer the size of golf balls. I found the cause of the reaction and took care of it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on December 12, 2012, 07:59:38 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 12, 2012, 06:19:16 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 12, 2012, 04:40:16 PM
Good luck, everyone! This is a tough year for everyone, it seems. My Latin final is scary. SCARY.

Starting to get a touch of tonsillitis from the stress, too, so I'm loading myself with vitamins to keep it from getting worse. I know it's not strep, because I'd be sick as a dog by now. These suckers should have come out when I was like, 4, but nooooo, they don't like doing it anymore (and with good reason.) So I still get tonsillitis at least twice a year. There's nothing I can do but soothe them and let it pass.  :argh!: Green tea usually does the trick.

If you're getting tonsillitis twice a year, you probably have a constant low-grade infection in your tonsils, and while GPs don't like to take them out anymore, you should be able to get a referral to an otolaryngologist who can do a much more accurate assessment of whether they should stay or go. It's just not an issue GPs have much experience with anymore, plus chronic tonsillitis presents differently later in life than it does with small children (the tend to swell upwards into the back of the throat rather than down into the throat) so they often miss severe chronic inflammation that calls for removal.

If you are getting tonsillitis more than once a year, and if you ever find yourself coughing/gagging up little white/tan/gray nuggets from the back of your throat, you should probably get a referral. That shit can impact your overall health so much more than many people realize. Since I had mine out, I rarely get sick, and never to the degree that I did before. Plus, if you have sinus problems, they can often correct those at the same time. Healing is a bitch, but it's less of a bitch than getting sick all the time.

Yeah, they get stones from time to time, though not nearly as often as they did when I was a teen. I was told by my doctor a few years ago that it's, "Harmless, just uncomfortable." :/

Apparently chronic tonsillitis is more common than I thought it was. I mean, they're huge as it is from just the scar tissue over the years. When I was at the hospital for my stomach the nurse was like, "Is your throat sore? Because your tonsils are massive." Once I told her they were scarred, she was like, "Yep, we see a lot of adults with it." 

You seem to have been there though, so you know what I mean. No, it won't kill us, and I KNOW that the surgery will reduce me to eating popsicles only for a month and probably keep me from work/school for a week or two, but FFS. I'm 30, and I've been dealing with this since I was a toddler. Enough is enough. I remember my mom calling my doctor several times and going, "She's sick again, can you take them F*ing out already?" I'm thinking it'll be worth the month of pain than this shit over and over again. Thanks for the advice.

Yay! DO EEET! You will never regret it, it's fucking miserable for a month and then it's MASSIVELY, MIRACULOUSLY SO MUCH BETTER. FOREVER.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: H0list on December 12, 2012, 11:22:20 PM
ugh. I hate taking a final and totally drawing a blank on problems. Oh well. I know I didn't bomb it and I'm expecting at least a b in thatclass.

Hopefully you will do better than you think... and if you wrote anything at all down, oftentimes you get partial credit (depending on the instructor) if you were at all in the ballpark.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cute boy  from school asked me out. :)

I have a date with Hot Cowboy in ten minutes.

I don't have to do SHIT tomorrow until 3pm.

Life is sweet.

Don Coyote

Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 01:54:45 AM

Hopefully you will do better than you think... and if you wrote anything at all down, oftentimes you get partial credit (depending on the instructor) if you were at all in the ballpark.

the professor did say that he will give partial credit.

Suu

Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 01:54:45 AM

I often find that when I feel like I bombed something, I did better than I thought I did. That doesn't ALWAYS happen, but you probably did fine. Partial credit is good, because that way the professor usually can tell that you tried.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Good luck on the finals, y'all.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

This is the only site I can get to work. Either my computer or the internets has been NIGELED. WTF. :horrormirth:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: It is both incredibly flattering and incredibly dismaying that my name is now synonymous with "irretrievably fucked by forces outside of anyone's control".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 06:33:07 AM
:lulz: It is both incredibly flattering and incredibly dismaying that my name is now synonymous with "irretrievably fucked by forces outside of anyone's control".

And "Then his skin flew off."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Back from a day and a half off work.

I have...160 unread emails.  More are coming in as I'm typing this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Don't expect Waffle on the board today.  It's St Lucia's Day, so everyone in Norway has to light their own hair on fire with candles.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

:lulz:

on a similarly ethnic note i may have offended villager. She said something about the whisky monster on irish childrens programming. Then i responded that its spelled whiskey because were not cross dressers or moose jockeys.

Shes of scottish-canadian descent. She hasnt texted me back yet. :lulz:

eta- nope she found it funny :)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS