News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 10:23:07 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 10:21:04 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 10:17:53 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 09:04:29 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 13, 2012, 08:55:28 PM
Lol, a pizza tax slice? I kind of love it. What'd you get a degree in?

I'm contemplating just losing the spot. It's my favorite, but it's not like there aren't other seats I like.

I didn't. I was in for pre-vet medicine. My program lost its accreditation and then I had a psychotic break and then it was 9/11/2001 and I was in a semi headed for Iowa and my parents were on their way to my college in PA to "SAVE MAH SOUL FROM DER DEBIL!" and it got a little confusing for a few years, there.

I keep meaning to go back, but I'm broke and lazy.

Financial aid, dawg.

You'll probably make as much as you do now, and sure you have to pay most of it back, but the upside is that you'll be able to afford to.

Plus, way less bullshit to deal with. Your job sounds like it's full of idiots and ass. Not in a good way.

Yeah. I don't qualify for a whole lot of aid since I'm a single, white, childless woman in Georgia but I'm looking into it. :)

You should qualify for exactly the same level of aid that I'm getting. They don't give you more for being black or having kids. My single, childless, white male friend gets exactly, to the dollar, the same aid I get. We also get the Oregon Opportunity Grant, which is an extra $1000 per year for being poor. Whoo.

Ooooh really? Hmm. That is not what I have heard here. But then most of that has been get single-mothers-back-in-school-NAO! type stuff.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 10:32:18 PM

I'm contemplating just losing the spot. It's my favorite, but it's not like there aren't other seats I like.

I didn't. I was in for pre-vet medicine. My program lost its accreditation and then I had a psychotic break and then it was 9/11/2001 and I was in a semi headed for Iowa and my parents were on their way to my college in PA to "SAVE MAH SOUL FROM DER DEBIL!" and it got a little confusing for a few years, there.

Financial aid, dawg.

You'll probably make as much as you do now, and sure you have to pay most of it back, but the upside is that you'll be able to afford to.

Plus, way less bullshit to deal with. Your job sounds like it's full of idiots and ass. Not in a good way.

Yeah. I don't qualify for a whole lot of aid since I'm a single, white, childless woman in Georgia but I'm looking into it. :)

You should qualify for exactly the same level of aid that I'm getting. They don't give you more for being black or having kids. My single, childless, white male friend gets exactly, to the dollar, the same aid I get. We also get the Oregon Opportunity Grant, which is an extra $1000 per year for being poor. Whoo.

Ooooh really? Hmm. That is not what I have heard here. But then most of that has been get single-mothers-back-in-school-NAO! type stuff.

Your state may have educational aid for single parents... Oregon doesn't, so I'm living off Federal financial aid plus the OOG. The one area in which I get more assistance because of having kids is food stamps, which I wouldn't actually need if I didn't have kids.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 10:34:59 PM

Financial aid, dawg.

Your state may have educational aid for single parents... Oregon doesn't, so I'm living off Federal financial aid plus the OOG. The one area in which I get more assistance because of having kids is food stamps, which I wouldn't actually need if I didn't have kids.

Yeah. PA does, too. One of my brothers knocked up his girlfriend so she could get money to go to school. Then she took the money and didn't go so he knocked her up again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 08:54:08 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 13, 2012, 08:43:50 PM
Library. Don't think I could get away with it.

Really? That's sad. I ordered pizza to my library all the time, when I was in college. The head Librarian took a 'pizza tax' slice but otherwise it was cool. I'm sorry. :(

I do that with students, too.

Rarely enforced, but when it is...

Nephew Twiddleton

Mixed up our tabs. Considering he bought me a few drinks ehhh.... Nuffin to do.

Twid
generous to myself through proxy
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Manager got me a beer!

Hail eris!

The Good Reverend Roger

Learned something about windows 8.  If you navigate away from certain sites (Huffpo, a few others) before the ads finish loading, it disconnects you from your fucking router.

Christ, how I hate Microsoft.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

In addition to being a guest bartender while in Florida, I'm also going to be a guest Taekwondo instructor at my sister's school. Apparently she's having a hard time with the kids she teaches, since prior to her arrival, the school was a bit loose with the rules, unlike my sister and I getting the popcorn blocks for knuckle push-ups and dirt kicked in our faces when we screwed up. (Apparently parents get upset when instructors do such things now.)

So. She told them I was mean.

:|

There's this one 16 year old junior black belt girl who called my sister a bitch behind her back to one of the parents, and my sister found out.

Lessee....Junior black belt calling a 3rd dan a bitch? Yeah, we've been given special permission by the head instructor to lay down the law, which will hopefully teach her a valuable lesson in humility to senior black belts. Please to note I have not really vigorously trained in TKD now for a while because of a knee injury, so this is kind of unexpected. I figured I'd show up and help with the little kids and color belts, not have to teach junior black belts to respect some authoritay.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm doing that drunk thing where I'm listening to myself again.

I was not a bad soloist. Need to start shredding again. Don't know quite how I became a rhythm player again. But at last band meeting we agreed that tonewise I was better suited for that and lead playing. Pat's got a chunkier tone which is more suited to chords.

Salty

IT'S KINDA FUNNY THAT I EASE PEOPLE'S PAIN AND SUFFERING FOR A LIVING AND CANNOT ACQUIRE MEDICAL CARE TO ADDRESS MY OWN.

KINDA FUCKING HILARIOUS.

:dream:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Alty on December 14, 2012, 04:35:24 AM
IT'S KINDA FUNNY THAT I EASE PEOPLE'S PAIN AND SUFFERING FOR A LIVING AND CANNOT ACQUIRE MEDICAL CARE TO ADDRESS MY OWN.

KINDA FUCKING HILARIOUS.

:/

Vacay in Boston. I know a rubbing guy and a good hospital.

I hear the rubbing guy plays drums in this band, and that his guitarist and bassist work at said hospital.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 10:38:04 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 10:34:59 PM

Financial aid, dawg.

Yeah. PA does, too. One of my brothers knocked up his girlfriend so she could get money to go to school. Then she took the money and didn't go so he knocked her up again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

My "nope" detector is pinging. That rings heavily of partially-understood information relayed through a game of telephone. Tax credits work that way, student financial aid doesn't. At all. Anywhere. If you take financial aid and don't go to school, or fail your classes, you are ineligible for more aid until you jump through some serious hoops.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ho|ist on December 14, 2012, 04:42:00 AM

KINDA FUCKING HILARIOUS.

I hear the rubbing guy plays drums in this band, and that his guitarist and bassist work at said hospital.

He's got a kid, moving is not on the table unless baby momma moves too.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: hølist on December 14, 2012, 05:01:04 AM

KINDA FUCKING HILARIOUS.

That's why I said vacay(shun). ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ho|ist on December 14, 2012, 05:03:45 AM
Quote from: hølist on December 14, 2012, 05:01:04 AM

KINDA FUCKING HILARIOUS.

That's why I said vacay(shun). ;)

SPEAK ENGLISH, BOSTONIAN!  :argh!: