News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sitting in a farmhouse in the middle of Upstate New York. I've never, in my entire life, seen a night so dark. It's freezing raining, so there's no stars, but holy shit, dark.

Navyguy's stepdad was considering shooting deer out the bathroom window in the cornfield out back earlier today, also. Apparently that's a tried and true method round these parts.

I'm feeling a significant culture clash, here.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Salty

Quote from: hølist on December 15, 2012, 09:46:46 PM
Quote from: Alty on December 15, 2012, 08:54:46 PM
Man I am feeling twelve different flavors of anxiety and gut churning nervousness. Stress. I dunno, I feel bad. Its been severely cold unusually early and I haven't had exercise for probably two months, my glands are probably just attacking me.

That sucks ass, man. Is there a gym or something? Community center?

I think I'll try jump rope.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2012, 02:00:05 AM
Sitting in a farmhouse in the middle of Upstate New York. I've never, in my entire life, seen a night so dark. It's freezing raining, so there's no stars, but holy shit, dark.

Navyguy's stepdad was considering shooting deer out the bathroom window in the cornfield out back earlier today, also. Apparently that's a tried and true method round these parts.

Whereabouts Upstate? I love that part of the country. When I moved back from Hawaii, the actual dark nights were one of my favorite things. The permanent orange glow of cities fucks up mah brain.

Suu

Quote from: Cainad on December 16, 2012, 02:30:05 AM

Whereabouts Upstate? I love that part of the country. When I moved back from Hawaii, the actual dark nights were one of my favorite things. The permanent orange glow of cities fucks up mah brain.

Somewhere between Herkimer and Utica that isn't Ilion but some unnamed place outside of Ilion, it's just where the mail goes. So I'm told.

When Navyguy was driving, we got off the highway and got further and further away from people, I was wondering if he was taking me out into the mountains to murder me.  :eek:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2012, 02:44:10 AM
Quote from: Cainad on December 16, 2012, 02:30:05 AM

Somewhere between Herkimer and Utica that isn't Ilion but some unnamed place outside of Ilion, it's just where the mail goes. So I'm told.

When Navyguy was driving, we got off the highway and got further and further away from people, I was wondering if he was taking me out into the mountains to murder me.  :eek:

If they have pigs on the farm, they've got a sure-fire way to get rid of your body. :P Also, re: shooting from the bathroom window - out in the country, so long as you ain't shootin' the neighbor's livestock or towards the highway, it's all gravy.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Don Coyote

Quote from: hølist on December 15, 2012, 10:39:32 PM
Quote from: H0list on December 15, 2012, 10:23:19 PM
Off the top of my head it looks like it makes sense for me take a mathematics minor so as to fulfill my quota of 180 credits and my quota of 45 credits of upper divisional coursework.

I kind of wanted to do that too, but unfortunately a math minor does nothing for my chances of getting into the NS program. :(

well you do have a plan. My plan is graduate and see what happens.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: H0list on December 16, 2012, 06:24:18 AM
Off the top of my head it looks like it makes sense for me take a mathematics minor so as to fulfill my quota of 180 credits and my quota of 45 credits of upper divisional coursework.

I kind of wanted to do that too, but unfortunately a math minor does nothing for my chances of getting into the NS program. :(

True. Math never, ever hurts.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: hølist on December 16, 2012, 07:59:27 AM

Except when it hurts on the inside. :sad:

If I could go back and fix one thing about my academic career, it would be to do better in math. I scraped by with the bare minimum for my major.

Cainad,
end of semester, nearing graduation, feeling a little maudlin

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

Also, good to hear three of the little bastards are gone, Cain. Alty, hope you feel better soon!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Sita

Morning after the Christmas party. Went better than expected.
Apparently to them white trash really means redneck, so I felt more comfortable at this party than the last couple.

The food was pretty much all my comfort food. Pigs in a blanket, mac-n-cheese, fried bologna, spam, bbq little smokies....
Which apparently the hostess and her family don't really normally eat.

I had one wine cooler, which promptly made me tired as hell and I took a short 5 minute nap (thankfully with husband nearby). Didn't drink another one. At least they now believe me when I told them that alcohol makes me tired, so I won't have to worry about being bugged next year. Oh, and tried one vodka infused gummi bear. The gummi part was fine, but good god how can anyone drink that stuff?!
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

hirley0

Yes, I do cross the river, about two or three ti
0H SO:  theni will try to see what R Webb is up2 here?

Quote from: hølist on December 16, 2012, 07:59:27 AM

hirley0

4U upstate?
Navy1 was son of an Onionta? banker
whatever that means | he was a fact | in my SummerY | Whatever |PH
alkaline? as in Limestone

hirley0

4Me THE LABEL
EST'D [] 1879
        THE
  Northern
    Lights

40% (80PROOF)

AFK

My big excitement of the day is my column was published in the Sunday paper today.  I'm a little upset because they edited out a couple of the puchier, direct lines I had put in the piece.  But, oh well, at least it's there. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.